School me on lever action cartridges.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mines a baikal mp94. They still make them and the 06 version was the most common (308 the rarest). I think I paid $400
For it 2 years ago. Just looked on gunbroker and can't find them, so they may have been a casualty of the Russian embargo.
More accurate than I am. I was consistently hitting a 7 inch plate at 175yrds and a man size target closer to 225 with iron sights. It could easily take a scope rail, but with the shotgun barrel on top I don't know how well it would stay true.

Didn't know Baikal made combo guns. Old Savages and European drillings is all I've found. If the drillings are in good shape, the price is usually sky high.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Their single shot BPCR are not well put together, fit and finish are lacking on everyone I've seen. Triggers are not favorable either. Hopefully their lever guns are more quality, I've not been around them.

Taylors are imported Uberti's. the lever guns are extensivley used in Cowboy action and hold up quite well. we love the ones we have.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FMLhWxG-QUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here ya go

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good deal, I'm sure you put them to the test as well! :)

Yessir. I did the math. the past year, I've put over 8,000 rounds through my Uberti model 73 between three shooters. Of those, over 5,000 were run through the rifle as fast as possible during competition. the rest were practice. All with no real problems. What problems I did have were self-imposed from setting up ammo OAL, or other "technical" things during practice. the rifle has never let a shooter down during a match. even with three of us shooting it at the same time. Not a single jam, not a single one.

That may not be the standard, but this rifle has been perfect. So is the Uberti 66 in 45 Colt that I started shooting 4 months ago. again, only trouble has been working up a load.

both rifles are stunningly beautiful, perfeclty accurate and I would trust any hunt in North America with either rifle given the right ammo. (73 is .357 magnum), though I think there are better ammo choices for big game.

Heck, my daughter shot the 73 and took second place during a state match last year.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone really needs to make a lever rifle in 327 Federal magnum.
I keep hearing rumors but so far.....
I would love to have one to go with my ruger single seven. :)

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that it serves any useful purpose, but I'd love to have one of the lever guns in the Steve McQueen Mare's Leg style in 38/357! Wonder if I could concealed carry that one?!

According to the SDA you can't carry a firearm with a barrel longer than 6".

Latest posts

Top Bottom