Getting older sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got a tempurpedic; helped a lot but I still wake up with pains. I roll over, re-position pillows, and generally fidget through the night. Some nights more than others.
If I ever get bed ridden someone please shoot me.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another KUDOS post for the Select Comfort mattresses. We used to have one in tow of our homes (bought around 2003-2004), and now we have an RV Premium Select Comfort in our RV. The wife even likes the RV Premium better than the regular Select Comfort. As for comfort, I know of no other mattress that will let both the wife and husband to set different settings for their needs. My wife sets hers to around 45 to 50 and I set mine at 100. With that much difference in softness/firmness, can any other mattress be set to where both parties rave about the same mattress?

If we have to go and stay at relatives for any reason, we are ALWAYS thankful to get back to our own mattress.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our daughter's son just turned sixteen and she told him he was going to get a job. His reply, "Boy, growing up really sucks." So you see, even the young complain.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our daughter's son just turned sixteen and she told him he was going to get a job. His reply, "Boy, growing up really sucks." So you see, even the young complain.

My youngest son told me about how much it hurts when he was in sports. He recently admitted at 40 something that he didn't know what he was talking about. :D

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest son told me about how much it hurts when he was in sports. He recently admitted at 40 something that he didn't know what he was talking about. :D

Give him another 20 years and see what he says.

I guess I've been blessed. When I was a kid, I was anemic and could never play sports other than Little League baseball. I'm now 69, and I really can't say how many people say that all their aches and pains are because they played sports in high school. At 69, I really can't say I have any aches and pains unless I let my Select Comfort mattress get too low, and then I get a back ache.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 63 and I don't have a problem walking miles behind a bird dog carrying a loaded shotgun, shell vest, and occasionally a couple of 2lb pheasants.

Do run and gun shooting matches on weekends, and looking forward to doing the winter run and gun for 5K I think it is. Guess I'm lucky, but I feel just as fit as when I was in the 40's. If I count how many times I climbed on and off the tractor today, it was a heck of a cardio workout.

Activity levels when you get older typically get lower. One has to maintain, or increase the activity levels to maintain health IMHO.

I noticed this when working before retiring. I walked an average of 18,000 steps a day according to my fitness app.

The American Heart association says you need to walk 10K steps a day to maintain heart health.

Since retiring, That dropped to half on most days. I'm making a conscious effort to get that count back up as I've gained 4lbs this last year.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found another thing that seems to work wonders. Those Diawa Legacy massage chairs they sell at the State Fair are amazing. I had no idea something so wonderful existed. But the price is just too much, Guess I'll have to invest in a lottery ticket :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom