Mouse invation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are lots of traps out there but this one seems to have the best rating.
http://www.amazon.com/Aspectek-Goph...pebp=1447431219444&perid=1P5VMAP51Z64F2ADP8E2

I've got trapping gophers down to an art. Moles are a different thing. The trap in that link and the reviews look like a must buy. Like others, my dogs find them, but the yard needs a front loader full of dirt when they get done digging. Especially liked the review of using one in sandy ground like we have.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having mouse issues of my own right now in my garage. Got one in the trap by the leg and it was dragging the trap around. Thought I'd give the water bucket kill method a try. He bobbed up an down for 5 minutes until I couldn't take it anymore and held him down with a stick. He was still struggling after 30 secs being held under. I couldn't take THAT anymore and pulled him out and tossed him in the lot next door. He was pretty messed up so I picked up a big rock to put him out of his misery. I kid you not, he looked back at me shaking as I held the large rock over my head getting ready to turn out the lights. I slammed the rock on him turning him into a red spot.
Still can't get the little guy's look out of my head.... It sure is a lot easier when the trap snaps on their neck!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having mouse issues of my own right now in my garage. Got one in the trap by the leg and it was dragging the trap around. Thought I'd give the water bucket kill method a try. He bobbed up an down for 5 minutes until I couldn't take it anymore and held him down with a stick. He was still struggling after 30 secs being held under. I couldn't take THAT anymore and pulled him out and tossed him in the lot next door. He was pretty messed up so I picked up a big rock to put him out of his misery. I kid you not, he looked back at me shaking as I held the large rock over my head getting ready to turn out the lights. I slammed the rock on him turning him into a red spot.
Still can't get the little guy's look out of my head.... It sure is a lot easier when the trap snaps on their neck!

I wanted to say something hard core, but sometimes even though its a rat, it sucks.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next time have your wife handle it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EhlerDave, have you thought about keeping your dogs inside for a few days and using some poison, then giving a couple days, clean up dead rats, remove remaining poison and turning dogs back out? That bad of a rat problem, I would almost consider boarding dogs for a week to go full on war on rats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom