2020 Game Cam Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's rough timing but couldn't be much better with you already planning on coming up here shortly. At least it wasn't the day after you were last up here?

I haven't seen anything mentioned about 3G retirement timelines, but given phones have been 4G compatible for years, they probably don't feel the need to advertise it.

My cameras have been all but dead for a week. Acorns are king right now, which seems about 3-4 weeks early.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's rough timing but couldn't be much better with you already planning on coming up here shortly. At least it wasn't the day after you were last up here?

I haven't seen anything mentioned about 3G retirement timelines, but given phones have been 4G compatible for years, they probably don't feel the need to advertise it.

My cameras have been all but dead for a week. Acorns are king right now, which seems about 3-4 weeks early.
The 3g sunset timeline Spartan sent out was February 2023, but I looked it up online this morning in my research and discovered it’s February 2022 (supposedly). The guy with ATT said it was going to be a kind rolling blackout process, so NW Oklahoma could’ve got shut off early. I went through this a few years ago when they switched from 2g to 3g, so it’s really nothing new. Sooner or later, it’ll happen to 4g devices. It sucks for the consumer, but technology moves forward.:anyone:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm att cell service and not having any phone issues. I have zero cell service just east of where your cams are and it's been like that ever since I switched to att last year
I’d bet your phone is at least a 4g model, so it should work if my suspicions are correct. I’ve been using cell cams up there for about 10 years and have had decent enough service to get pictures until a couple years ago, and then it went to nothing. I figure they had a tower go down and haven’t fixed/replaced it, because I know of three towers locally (in TX) that have been down for at least three years. ATT has bald face lied to me about “all the towers in my area working” until I start asking about specific towers, and then they’ve surprisingly confessed that certain towers AREN’T working after all.
If it’s them shutting down 3g, I can buy 4g or newer cameras, but if they just won’t keep their sh*t working, then I’ve got a problem. I may have to go back to non cellular cameras which will really suck.:censored:

Latest posts

Top Bottom