2022 Waterfowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only banded duck I ever killed was off a pond south of Jet in about 1979 or 80, and I just refound it in a box a couple weeks ago.
got a couple and a goose neck band the certificates are around in a scrap book somewhere. good ol days . just found out a couple months ago. my Duck Hunting buddy died... man we had some good days 80's-90's.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With this front coming in, and some chores done, I’m heading up to Drummond flats. Woke up way late but I’m still gonna make it happen. Been seeing a ton of ducks and geese moving around the city, hopefully I can get a few for Clyde, he’s been itching to get out.
Good luck !

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know our two ponds will be froze up this weekend, so no traditional Christmas Eve duck hunt for us.
Found out I get Mon off, really hoping the water opens up on Sun and we can be right back after it.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In yall’s past experience, how is duck hunting in the weather conditions like the one that we are getting tomorrow? Freezing cold and windy tomorrow, possibly snow too.
I think it should be good up until water freezes up. Usually something like this pushes all of my ducks out, so the sooner the better I think.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In yall’s past experience, how is duck hunting in the weather conditions like the one that we are getting tomorrow? Freezing cold and windy tomorrow, possibly snow too.
Where we hunted when I was a kid, there was a spring fed pond in a cattle trap behind my Dad’s cousin’s barn that never completely froze even when everything else was, and we used to jump shoot that pond at least twice a day and always found ducks on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom