2023 Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What part of NE Oklahoma?

OKLAHOMA HUNTING GUIDE CHARGED WITH DECEPTIVE PRACTICES - A hunting guide from Broken Arrow ( just a good ol 'Boy) - James Adam Jenkins -https://www.news9.com/story/5e35b23d83eff40362bed511/consumer-watch:-oklahoma-hunting-guide-charged-with-deceptive-practices#:~:text=Attorney%20General%20Scott%20Pruitt%20said%20James%20Adam%20Jenkins,in%20violation%20of%20the%20Oklahoma%20Consumer%20Protection%20Act.​

I am getting old. It was 2011. 12 yrs ago not 8 yrs ago. But my overall memory proves to be elephant like.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far just this last couple days I've seen more than two dozen guys on FB and other forums that have 26pp or more including myself. So no telling how many total are out there. And those are just the pref points, doesn't count the years prior to the pp, which some have an additional 20 or so years there too.
Amen to that. i've got 26pp's

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve introduced 3 guys to hunting over the past 3 years. We drew Salt Plains NWR. 1 has shot 1 deer. 1 hasn’t taken a shot. 1 hasn’t even hunted yet, just tagged along. I’m hoping to see some success in our group and for the deer camp tradition to continues for years.
Keep the tradition going. Sadly our group of 4 lost a member to cancer this past April. He went. With me when I drew an antelope tag and scored a buck years ago. What a hunt. Only this year he has to be with me in spirit as I drew a cow elk tag after 25+ years of putting in. He always said we were brothers from different mothers. Gosh I miss him so bad. You keep you tradition going, and may God Bless you and have favor on you and your hunting partners/brothers.

TimberJim

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep the tradition going. Sadly our group of 4 lost a member to cancer this past April. He went. With me when I drew an antelope tag and scored a buck years ago. What a hunt. Only this year he has to be with me in spirit as I drew a cow elk tag after 25+ years of putting in. He always said we were brothers from different mothers. Gosh I miss him so bad. You keep you tradition going, and may God Bless you and have favor on you and your hunting partners/brothers.
I’m genuinely so sorry you lost such a close friend. I’m sure you’ll sense him with you as you take an elk this year (congrats on the draw!) I will tell you what makes our deer camps even better is my dad comes down from Kansas to cook for us at camp. Nothing like a warm meal and good company at the end of a hunt day.

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m genuinely so sorry you lost such a close friend. I’m sure you’ll sense him with you as you take an elk this year (congrats on the draw!) I will tell you what makes our deer camps even better is my dad comes down from Kansas to cook for us at camp. Nothing like a warm meal and good company at the end of a hunt day.
You are so right. And thank you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom