2023 Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tksmith0513

New to the site!
Reaction score
I’ve introduced 3 guys to hunting over the past 3 years. We drew Salt Plains NWR. 1 has shot 1 deer. 1 hasn’t taken a shot. 1 hasn’t even hunted yet, just tagged along. I’m hoping to see some success in our group and for the deer camp tradition to continues for years.
By chance did you guys get drawn for the muzzleloader hunt from 6 - 8 Nov? That's the one I am going on.

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After putting in for I think 23 or 24 years, I finally got the Cimarron County antelope tag. Put in a bunch of miles for 2 days before season opened. Heard that antelope numbers are about 1/4 of what they were a few years ago, and I believe it! Put it together opening afternoon while it was 100 degrees, at least there is always wind in the panhandle! Got him put in the cooler, iced down good and back to the ranch house around 10:00pm. Dinner, and a little too much Bulleit with one of my best friends shooting the bull until after 3:00am in the morning. Got up the next morning at the crack of 9, put on some boots, walked across the pasture, had a limit of doves by 11:00! Couldn't get much better!
OK antelope 1.jpg

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After putting in for I think 23 or 24 years, I finally got the Cimarron County antelope tag. Put in a bunch of miles for 2 days before season opened. Heard that antelope numbers are about 1/4 of what they were a few years ago, and I believe it! Put it together opening afternoon while it was 100 degrees, at least there is always wind in the panhandle! Got him put in the cooler, iced down good and back to the ranch house around 10:00pm. Dinner, and a little too much Bulleit with one of my best friends shooting the bull until after 3:00am in the morning. Got up the next morning at the crack of 9, put on some boots, walked across the pasture, had a limit of doves by 11:00! Couldn't get much better!View attachment 407432
Congrats man awesome speed goat

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After putting in for I think 23 or 24 years, I finally got the Cimarron County antelope tag. Put in a bunch of miles for 2 days before season opened. Heard that antelope numbers are about 1/4 of what they were a few years ago, and I believe it! Put it together opening afternoon while it was 100 degrees, at least there is always wind in the panhandle! Got him put in the cooler, iced down good and back to the ranch house around 10:00pm. Dinner, and a little too much Bulleit with one of my best friends shooting the bull until after 3:00am in the morning. Got up the next morning at the crack of 9, put on some boots, walked across the pasture, had a limit of doves by 11:00! Couldn't get much better!View attachment 407432
Heck yeah, sounds like a good trip! That’s a great antelope, congratulations!

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! That’s a good one!

Kalvinc

Marksman
Reaction score
After putting in for I think 23 or 24 years, I finally got the Cimarron County antelope tag. Put in a bunch of miles for 2 days before season opened. Heard that antelope numbers are about 1/4 of what they were a few years ago, and I believe it! Put it together opening afternoon while it was 100 degrees, at least there is always wind in the panhandle! Got him put in the cooler, iced down good and back to the ranch house around 10:00pm. Dinner, and a little too much Bulleit with one of my best friends shooting the bull until after 3:00am in the morning. Got up the next morning at the crack of 9, put on some boots, walked across the pasture, had a limit of doves by 11:00! Couldn't get much better!

Congratulations, that sounds like the perfect weekend. I was out there this weekend trying the public land and had no luck whatsoever. I talked to a couple of landowners who said they wouldn't mind me shooting a doe, but they haven't seen any at all on their property this year. Do you have any info you would mind sharing?

Latest posts

Top Bottom