28 Years Since Misdeamenor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Oklahoma, you must wait 10 years from the date your were charged to be able to expunge it. Already been there with my friend about this. It cost him $2000 dollars to do so.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rays is giving you good advice. It automatically precludes you unless it goes away. Since it was a deferred, likely it just needs to be corrected, but that can be tough to do. It is money well spent to have it done. May not need an expungement if it was defered.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May not need an expungement if it was defered.

Well my friend received a 5 year deferred sentence for embezzlement, it really wasn't what he was charged with but at the time he could not afford an attorney and that is what he got slapped with. He can't get a legit job because of it because when they check his record it shows it as a felony but he can buy guns. His attorney now said that he needs to wait 10 years from the time he was charged before he can proceed with the case and it's a $2000 retaining fee. If an attorney here knows any different, please let me know. Im just saying what his attorney said, I know because I went with him.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand. I had an expungement of two different occurences. One was a 10 yr old misdemeanor that precluded my permit, the other was another gun charge misdemeanor, that was deferred. My atty charged me $3600 and the old charge is completely wiped clean, the other is gone as well. It is money well spent if anyone has youthful transgressions or lapse of judgements. :)

cbolt01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$2000, $3600, $1200 I think you guys need better attorneys. Mine told me (for free) to just do the expungement myself, So I did. It was pretty easy. You just need to go to the courthouse and ask the clerk for an expungement packet. It will tell you if you qualify and what you need to do. If it was a misdemeanor and was over 10 years ago then you got it made. Like I said it was easy nothing complicated about it. I did mine over a year ago and got my CCW no problem. If I can be of any help just let me know.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this thread is pretty funny. Several of us disclosing we had to do expungements for a variety of reasons, but some to even qualify for the cc permit. lol

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this thread is pretty funny. Several of us disclosing we had to do expungements for a variety of reasons, but some to even qualify for the cc permit. lol
Lol, yes the thread is pretty funny. I think the Law is a little Silly too, but, the Law is the Law. I think it's funny that a person can get drunk and get in a car and possibly almost kill somebody two times and get a DUI and still be eligible for the CCW and someone who got caught with a couple of joints when they were kids are giving such a hard time. Even though I don't partake of Weed anymore, and haven't for years, because of my Career, I think it is much safer than Alcohol, but that is a whole 'nuther argument, and I don't want this thread to turn into a legallization thread. I do respect the Laws, although I don't agree with alot of them. I think Oklahoma would be best served to follow Texas lead and have the 10 year time limit, as our good friend mentioned earlier with the proposed house bill stated earlier.

I sincerely thank everyone for their input in this thread, you are all appreciated, thanks and God Bless!

Latest posts

Top Bottom