28 Years Since Misdeamenor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Oklahoma, you must wait 10 years from the date your were charged to be able to expunge it. Already been there with my friend about this. It cost him $2000 dollars to do so.

That's not true at all.....it will all depend on the who, what, where, when and how many concerning the particular case and in no particular order of importance. The Devil is in the details. There is no set standard as it is up to the DA and judge. I had a buddy get two felonies expunged within three years of his five year deferment being up and spending four months in prison at the beginning. The expungment happened well under the ten year mark and it was NOT that expensive, but it all depends on the counsel. He can do whatever he wants to now...

morganjokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my denial letter today, because I was ticketed 10 years ago for possession of drug paraphernalia. OSBI says since I paid the ticket it's considered a conviction which is a mandatory preclusion.

The funny part is I had a five year deferred sentence on a felony drug charge at the same time that I recently had expunged, after filling out the paperwork myself at the court clerks office, and that was not the problem. Possession of one little pipe 10 years ago when I was 18 has now came back to bite me... Nice.

Now to look into Utah or Florida licenses.....

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my denial letter today, because I was ticketed 10 years ago for possession of drug paraphernalia. OSBI says since I paid the ticket it's considered a conviction which is a mandatory preclusion.

The funny part is I had a five year deferred sentence on a felony drug charge at the same time that I recently had expunged, after filling out the paperwork myself at the court clerks office, and that was not the problem. Possession of one little pipe 10 years ago when I was 18 has now came back to bite me... Nice.

Now to look into Utah or Florida licenses.....

Or just go through the expongement process again for this charge. Thats what I would do.

morganjokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to call a lawyer down there to see what they think it would take, the only record of it is at Union City Minicipal Court. The other one I had expunged was in Oklahoma county, it was easy. But the folks at UCMC said she didn't think it could be expunged.

Either way I need to find out for sure what it would take and if it's even possible.

tschwarz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can someone with experience elaborate on whether or not a charge as a minor makes any difference? Specifically, a deferred sentence as a minor? I've spent hours reading the law and each time I try I come out more confused than I started.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have misdeanor firearm conviction in 2005 and it didn't stop my ccw this year. OSBI only hates liars, not people with minor stuff on their record. What I did was just send in a brief letter with my application explaining my charge and final disposition , and right on time my ccw came in the mail. I wouldn't sweat it if I were you

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have misdeanor firearm conviction in 2005 and it didn't stop my ccw this year. OSBI only hates liars, not people with minor stuff on their record. What I did was just send in a brief letter with my application explaining my charge and final disposition , and right on time my ccw came in the mail. I wouldn't sweat it if I were you
I know this is a old thread but I still get asked about this all the time. Superdave hit the nail on the head, OSBI hates liars. If you are going to lie, then what else are you capable of since lying is one of the worst acts a person can do, and if you can't trust somebody, then why should you deal with them. I do think we need to change the laws in Oklahoma to be more like Texas, where there is only a 10 year history check (at a loss of words for a better term since I'm overly tired). My point is, put everything down, even if you beat the neighbors cat when you were 18, and you might stand a good chance. I can't wait to start carrying open carry come November!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom