3-Gun, What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you shoot a 3-gun match at OKCGC in Oct?

• Count me in, I am off to buy ammo to practice!

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • I will be there, more then likely.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I want to but I have to see if the spouse will let me out of the house!

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • There ain't no way I am shooting that crazy game!

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope this is still has some steam behind it. I would like to participate in a 3-gun, even though I'm pretty sure I would be terrible.

Can you provide just a quick overview on the rules and setup? I have seen videos, but there seems to be a lot of variation between events in terms of shots per stage, weapon setups, etc..

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hope this is still has some steam behind it. I would like to participate in a 3-gun, even though I'm pretty sure I would be terrible.

Can you provide just a quick overview on the rules and setup? I have seen videos, but there seems to be a lot of variation between events in terms of shots per stage, weapon setups, etc..

There is steam!! The rules are pretty simple. For Rifle and Pistol, either 1 A zone hit or two anywhere in the scoring lines (D-Zone or better) equals a neutralized target. Shotgun is mostly clays or steel which must break (clays) or fall (steel) to be neutralized. Failure to neutralize is a 5 second penalty. Failure to engage is 10. Shots for pistol are a lot like a USPSA match and same goes for rifle, unless there are long steel targets set. Shotgun will usually have multiple types of targets at varying distance. For a local match like this one, bring out what you have that meets the requirements, borrow at the range the stuff you don't have yet. Most will shoot 12 gauge semi-auto shotguns, AR-15, and a 9mm or larger pistol. Most stages will be ~20 -30 shots with 1, 2, or all 3 guns on each stage. I have attached some stages we shot in '06.. The first one is pistol only, the second is rifle only, the third is shotgun only and the last is multi-gun. We shot 8 stages I believe and made the first 3 multi-gun at some point! :)

There are just a lot of parts that have to fit to make it happen. I'm not even going to talk about what we might plan the 3rd week in March (right before doubletap and Mesa)

Hmmmmmmm

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 187
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 212
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 190

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this 3 gun match someting that a no shooting newb like myself could / should try??? It looks like a good time but I'm new to competition. I didn't shoot worth a damn this month at the practical rifle match at oil capital. I need to be shooting a lot more!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this 3 gun match someting that a no shooting newb like myself could / should try??? It looks like a good time but I'm new to competition. I didn't shoot worth a damn this month at the practical rifle match at oil capital. I need to be shooting a lot more!

Rusty,

If you like the 2 gun practical match up at oil capital you will love this match!!! The concept is similar to the 2 gun match except you get to shoot one more gun. :woohoo1: There will probably some long range rifle stuff, more pistol, and more stages which means more trigger time.
Keep your eye on this page. Hopefully Mr. Pinto and crew will get this match to materialize next month. The more shooters we have the more likely this match will happen more regularly so please come out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom