3-Gun, What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you shoot a 3-gun match at OKCGC in Oct?

• Count me in, I am off to buy ammo to practice!

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • I will be there, more then likely.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I want to but I have to see if the spouse will let me out of the house!

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • There ain't no way I am shooting that crazy game!

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rusty,

If you like the 2 gun practical match up at oil capital you will love this match!!! The concept is similar to the 2 gun match except you get to shoot one more gun. :woohoo1: There will probably some long range rifle stuff, more pistol, and more stages which means more trigger time.
Keep your eye on this page. Hopefully Mr. Pinto and crew will get this match to materialize next month. The more shooters we have the more likely this match will happen more regularly so please come out.

Sounds like a good place to start! The more different things I can try the better I feel about shooting in general. lol... I will definitely keep my eye on this thread. Thanks for the help.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would sure like to see something like this take place on a regular basis around OKC. I have to see it first, I need a good reason to semi automatic shotgun, better scope for my AR and holster for my handgun.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are putting on a 3-Gun Course in OK City if you are intested in learning the ins and outs of that type of competition shooting. There is a thread on here that has a lot of info about the class if you want to check it out.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would sure like to see something like this take place on a regular basis around OKC. I have to see it first, I need a good reason to semi automatic shotgun, better scope for my AR and holster for my handgun.

Its On!!!! Mike Pinto has set a date. http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65965

October 18th at OKCGC. So get your automatic shotgun (or shoot your pump in heavy metal) you don't need a great scope for the first match as the distances will by 50 yards or less, you will need a holster for your pistol though so get it ordered now.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its On!!!! Mike Pinto has set a date. http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65965

October 18th at OKCGC. So get your automatic shotgun (or shoot your pump in heavy metal) you don't need a great scope for the first match as the distances will by 50 yards or less, you will need a holster for your pistol though so get it ordered now.

How many people are going to laugh at me if I bring my home defense pump shotgun to the match?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only difference between the stereotypical home defense pump gun and a modified 3 gun pump or auto is the lack of lights/lasers and the fact that most guys take a dremmel tool and soldering irons to their 3 gun shottys to make them more user friendly, faster and uglier. IMO.

What are you shooting?

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I come out, I would bring an M&P15, XD-40, and pump Mossberg Maverick 88. It would be great incentive to buy another shotgun, and other gear if this event were to take off.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I come out, I would bring an M&P15, XD-40, and pump Mossberg Maverick 88. It would be great incentive to buy another shotgun, and other gear if this event were to take off.

That gear sounds great. You are welcome to give my Benelli M1 & M2 a try at the match as well. I should havethem both with me. Make sure you introduce yourself. I'll be the guy with the stunning good looks. I will be wearing dark framed glasses and will be pushing a gun stroller around in case the good looks thing isn't completely obvious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom