4473 question???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate Businesses like that, we have a guy in our town i will never and i mean never deal with a again, even if he has the last box of ammo on the planet, i will never give him a dime, because he does that type of stuff all the time to people, he is a Cheating Lying, Usless Idiot. Sorry to rant, i would walk away from the deal, and make sure they understood, that everyone you know which is 30,000+ with OSA will know about it and that you are hurting your long term business. I would rather lose $60.00 now and gain $10,000.00 later.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think there is any rules or laws against charging a NICS fee for a gun that is in stock or a transfer. Though for an in stock gun, it is a little slimey, kinda like car dealers and their "document fees".

One could argue, that if it was a NICS fee, that since they already did the NICS check that you already are obligated to pay it. Though if this fee was not disclosed, then I definitely wouldn't be paying it. If they don't come back to the agreed price (+ tax?) then I would walk away. Since you haven't forked over any money or signed and purchase agreement (you didn't did you?) you are in control.

BTW, a local infamous gun shop in Del City appears to charge a $65 NICS fee and if you need a firearm transferred they charge $135. For all I know, a transfer might involve the $135 + the $65. Their sign wasn't so clear.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think there is any rules or laws against charging a NICS fee for a gun that is in stock or a transfer. Though for an in stock gun, it is a little slimey, kinda like car dealers and their "document fees".

One could argue, that if it was a NICS fee, that since they already did the NICS check that you already are obligated to pay it. Though if this fee was not disclosed, then I definitely wouldn't be paying it. If they don't come back to the agreed price (+ tax?) then I would walk away. Since you haven't forked over any money or signed and purchase agreement (you didn't did you?) you are in control.

BTW, a local infamous gun shop in Del City appears to charge a $65 NICS fee and if you need a firearm transferred they charge $135. For all I know, a transfer might involve the $135 + the $65. Their sign wasn't so clear.

Sucks to not be able to business with a local company that is less than a mile from my house.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds to me like she may have sold it to you too cheap and now they are either trying to get most of it back, or drive you away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom