A place to shoot in SE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Kenney

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm in Valliant, and I can't find any place to go shoot. Oh sure, I get plenty of recommendations for places I can go throw out some bottles or cans and blast away, but there seems to be no place to hang up a target and shoot. I've found a gun club in Paris, Texas, that would cost me $80 to join and be a 100-mile round trip every time, but nothing better than that.

Anybody have a suggestion for me?

Wes Kenney

Marksman
Reaction score
That looks good, but it's even further away than Paris. I was hoping there was something between Hugo, Valliant, Idabel, & Broken Bow, but so far I've found nothing.

Wes Kenney

Marksman
Reaction score
Chatting with nearby gunsmith, who is also the FFL from whom I just purchased a Springfield XD(M), about the lack of places to shoot. He asked if I had a few minutes, and we hopped in his little utility vehicle. He took me on a short ride that ended at his beautiful private range, with a RR tie backstop probably 60' wide, and another one at the end of a 100 yd. rifle range.

"Feel free to come out and shoot anytime. Just make sure you close the gate when you're done."

:thumbup3:

Made it out today. Here's my last target, a full mag fired slow from about 20 feet:

ai928.photobucket.com_albums_ad121_weskenney_IMG_0322.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom