A Question for Our LEO members...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is my insurance going to go up because I filed a claim, even though I had absolutely no fault?

I think if it's entirely your fault, you should bear the burden of making me whole. Collision is supposed to protect me from my own mistakes, and I pay for that. It's not intended to protect me from everyone who watches deer instead of traffic. :)

Hasn't the "no-fault" system been tried in some states? I'd think if it was all that successful, it would have caught on in more places...

<edit> I might agree to your proposal if we institute debtors prison, you damage my car you pay to fix it, or you go to jail until you pay to fix it.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
saw a report once that said 25 percent of Oklahomans do not have car insurance and I bet it's really higher than that.

they need to take un-insured cars that are involved in a wreck straight to the crusher.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't they pass a law a couple of years ago that if you get pulled over or caught without insurance they impound your car?

I would agree that 25 percent sounds like a conservative estimate.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is my insurance going to go up because I filed a claim, even though I had absolutely no fault?

I think if it's entirely your fault, you should bear the burden of making me whole. Collision is supposed to protect me from my own mistakes, and I pay for that. It's not intended to protect me from everyone who watches deer instead of traffic. :)

Hasn't the "no-fault" system been tried in some states? I'd think if it was all that successful, it would have caught on in more places...

<edit> I might agree to your proposal if we institute debtors prison, you damage my car you pay to fix it, or you go to jail until you pay to fix it.

Why should Bob the construction worker have to carry enough insurance to cover Juan the doctor's BMW? If Bob chooses his insurance based on his projected needs, and Juan chooses his based on the higher projected needs, each will have bases covered, and probably pay different amounts based on coverage.

No need for lawyers, cops or judges when it comes to vehicle insurance.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the ones that take a sharpie and renumber a faded tag.

I bought a car a couple of weeks ago. I went and got the title swapped and got the tag in less than 2 hours after I bought it. The tag agent was shocked. She said “this was just notarized today”. Yes, I just bought it.

#metoo

As soon as I get the paper work. On used, it's that day, on new it's the day I pick up the paperwork from the PO. Tag agent is right across the street. Why wait?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because the only reason Bob has to cover Juan's BMW is if Bob screws up.

So what are the requirements for Bob to carry? Should he stop at BMW amount, or Ferrari? Perhaps he runs into a split-window Vette?

Driving up requirements drives up insurance cost. Insurance companies love it though.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why should Bob the construction worker have to carry enough insurance to cover Juan the doctor's BMW? If Bob chooses his insurance based on his projected needs, and Juan chooses his based on the higher projected needs, each will have bases covered, and probably pay different amounts based on coverage.

No need for lawyers, cops or judges when it comes to vehicle insurance.

Bob shouldn't be a dick head and tear up other peoples stuff just because he is stupid and inattentive.

I don't always disagree with what you say, but this is the dumbest idea I've heard all week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom