Adulting School

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a class all students have to take when they come to college. a friend who has taught it calls it 'adulting 101'. you can take it any time, which means it's usually freshmen or seniors.

The best (and scariest) things are the answers to the sex ed questions. So few in Mississippi (and some from other states) seem to receive any kind of sex ed that is worth a damn.

My friend even made some of the take the sex ed test a second time so that they'd actually have to read the textbook to find out you can't have unprotected sex and wipe yourself down with vodka to prevent STDs (like they thought)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They used to at one time decades ago teach personal hygiene-brushing of teeth, washing one's face etc, checkbook balancing, patriotism, respect for others, speech/debating in public schools but I guess they don't teach that these days... Too busy fending off disrespectful hooligans now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a class all students have to take when they come to college. a friend who has taught it calls it 'adulting 101'. you can take it any time, which means it's usually freshmen or seniors.

The best (and scariest) things are the answers to the sex ed questions. So few in Mississippi (and some from other states) seem to receive any kind of sex ed that is worth a damn.

My friend even made some of the take the sex ed test a second time so that they'd actually have to read the textbook to find out you can't have unprotected sex and wipe yourself down with vodka to prevent STDs (like they thought)

By the time you get to college, it’s too late for 99%.
The training to keep a savings account, count change back, run a check book or now do online banking should be ingrained into their junior high mush brains or earlier and the parents should set the example.
I’m not against further adult Education about basic life skills they weren’t taught as kids but the success ratio will never overcome the failures.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HaHaHa!

We are going to provide the skills and conversations necessary to get your #adulting groove on! We want you to know how to deal with your debt, how to balance your checkbook, fix your flat, have healthy relationships, and sew on a button. We know you’re tired of feeling like you wish someone had given you the instruction manual for being a grown-up.

Welcome to The Adulting School. We’re writing the manual now. Follow us, get in touch, and BE EMPOWERED.

Here is a clue dumba$$es, your parents should have beat that information into you.
These kids were raised this way and the only people to blame are their parents.
My kids missed many activities because they needed to get something fixed on their bicycles or cars. They had been told previously to get it done and when they didn’t I never said a word until it was time to go hang out with the boys on the weekend. Then the request to get it done became mandatory. The wailing and gnashing of teeth was pretty amusing.
So, I don’t blame a faceless society for the ills of the millienals, I blame their parents that allowed them to become that way.
Amen brother....PREACH!!!!!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They used to at one time decades ago teach personal hygiene-brushing of teeth, washing one's face etc, checkbook balancing, patriotism, respect for others, speech/debating in public schools but I guess they don't teach that these days... Too busy fending off disrespectful hooligans now.

This used to be taught at home, then reinforced at school.......now not so much at either place.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HaHaHa!

We are going to provide the skills and conversations necessary to get your #adulting groove on! We want you to know how to deal with your debt, how to balance your checkbook, fix your flat, have healthy relationships, and sew on a button. We know you’re tired of feeling like you wish someone had given you the instruction manual for being a grown-up.

Welcome to The Adulting School. We’re writing the manual now. Follow us, get in touch, and BE EMPOWERED.

Here is a clue dumba$$es, your parents should have beat that information into you.
These kids were raised this way and the only people to blame are their parents.
My kids missed many activities because they needed to get something fixed on their bicycles or cars. They had been told previously to get it done and when they didn’t I never said a word until it was time to go hang out with the boys on the weekend. Then the request to get it done became mandatory. The wailing and gnashing of teeth was pretty amusing.
So, I don’t blame a faceless society for the ills of the millienals, I blame their parents that allowed them to become that way.
AMEN!!!!!!

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just yesterday I changed a flat for a woman who works at my watering hole,,,
While her dumb-as-a-rock 14 year old boy watched.

I was told later on that I should have made him help me,,,
"Not after I watched him try to get the spare tire out of the trunk." was my reply.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom