Another ? for LEO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one comes from my landlady ( Has some messed up views on what is legal ) .She seems to think it is legal to point your gun at a window if someone keeps looking in as they walk past during the middle of the night. Is this legal to do? I am assuming it is not.

ronin0829

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Title 21 Section 1279

Except for an act of self-defense, it shall be unlawful for any person to point any pistol or any other deadly weapon whether loaded or not, at any other person or persons. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor.

She does not have an expectation of privacy if the blinds are open to the public. If the person walking by is not trespassing and they look in as they walk by they are not breaking any law that I am aware of.

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advise. Best advise would be to contact your local DA and ask them.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by "Looking in". If someone walks up, on your property and curtilage, and presses their face against the glass of your window having no business being there aside from some bad reason then just maybe it could be ok to have been cleaning your weapon at that moment. Lots of if's there though. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom