Any experience with the 370z?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at one of these....

Since my truck is in the shop for repair (see my damn deer thread, lol) I decided to shop around. I'm gonna keep the Tahoe, too, but this would sure be fun for summer!

Looking at Camaros in the 20-25k range, and ran across this 2009 370z for 26k. Has 26k miles. I had a 240sx I loved... this is certainly a step up.

Anyone played around with one of these?

advmotoxc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buddy that has one, driven it a few times, its like a little go-cart!

What would you like to know about them?

I don't know if your in to modding them, but anything more than intake and exhaust is expensive.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two friends with them. Fun cars...quick and handle well. Fuel economy is not great. One of my friend's car is supercharged/intercooled......it's pretty dang quick.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are fun around a track, but street driving is a little miserable. They have a really short wheelbase, so they are really bumpy. Add to that a fairly tight suspension and you get a harsh daily driver.

The Camaro also sucks. The windows are really short and the A pillars are gigantic, there is a front side blind spot they are so big.

I would suggest looking at a few others-

Suburu BRZ is a really fun car, it too has a short wheelbase but is not nearly as bumpy. Mustang GTs are always fun, but the new Fusion is a really great car.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eh, I don't like the BRZ, and that's another 5 grand or so for a decent one. And I'm not buying anything new. Depreciation is BS.

I'm interested in reliability, honestly. I will mod it as I go along, though this one has around 5k of mods already, supposedly.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DEPENDABILITY Nissan >>>>>>>>> GM any and every day.

370Z will smoke Camaro or Corvette unless you want to spend double the money.

Lt wt., stiff suspension, short WB = harsh ride, but always + FUN FUN FUN

The 6 sp manual is a pain in traffic. Doesn't matter what brand you drive.

Gas mileage > than Tahoe.

IMHO, sounds like you found a good deal and a yr or 2 from now, you could resale and not lose much $$$ or keep having fun.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Z's have had cooling/oil problems through the years, both in 350's and 370's. Friend is big into Z's, and Nissan replaced his 370 motor due to the rings burning up due to lubrication problems. That said, I drive a g35 and love it. Want a classic Z (my family was into Datsun's when I was little), and would love a 370 Nismo

Latest posts

Top Bottom