Any of you blokes ever take Prednisone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I end up on it any time I get exposed to poison ivy due to a fairly extreme allergy. I usually end up having to get a shot followed up with a regimen of prednisone. For the sake of my family, I just go to the store on the way home for snacks and lock myself in the room for the first few days with said snacks and a remote.

It gives me a very short fuse and a hell of a case of munchies. Ive never had weird dreams with it, but I also very seldom wake up feeling like Ive had any dreams at all. Typically I dont realize Ive fallen asleep until my alarm goes off. It feels like the blink of an eye between going to bed and time to wake up. I can take a 20min nap almost anywhere though, including leaning against a wall haha.

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have had what's called a dose pack 6+5+4+3+2+1/day. No Dreams but it does keep me awake. haven't heard of it being used for Covid. I did contract Covid about a month ago and was prescribed "Paxlovid" and took that regimen for 5 days. It was pretty brutal but definitely better than dying. Got my negative on the 10th of Jan.

Robert Mettler

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife used to take that in high doses about once a year because of pneumonia or bronchitis which later led to her having to have the humerus head replace on both shoulders had a knee replacement fun fact about Prednisone is in high doses it later causes avascular necrosis which deteriorate the joints of your shoulders knees, and hips

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The docs bombed me with it during covid ICU. It messed me up. I got in a huge fight with my girlfriend, broke up. Damaged my vision. Had night terror dreams, soak bed with sweat, scary nightmares, made me grumpy, no sleep, pecker wouldnt get hard and I trickle peed all over everytime I tried to go. For two months after I got out of St Johns
Man that‘s a hell of a story

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The smaller doses for poison ivy doesn’t bother me much. Dosing can vary massively from 2.5 mg per day to 1250 mg. I start having minor issues above 20 mg. At 60 mg, I need to just be left alone, in the dark, in a quiet room, and a lot of patience from those around me. I become an angry, paranoid, lunatic, that can’t sleep. I’d fit in well with the delusional conspiracy theorists. Still sometimes worth it (belly’s palsy).

All to say, note your dosage. just because your good at lower dosage…
Yeah, I don't know what dosage it is. Comes in a medrol pack with all the pills lined to take each day. Been a couple of years since getting poison ivy bad enough to get it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Evan!! How you feeling buddy?? I actually slept all night last night -- it's amazing what a little sleep can do for your disposition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom