Any recommendations on driving route to Orlando...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done both routes several times...the highway 40 route seemed the fastest to me but the I-10 route is the more relaxing (long low traffic runs). If i were trying to get there faster I would go via highway 40 (lots of interesting places along the way which might slow you down if its the first time through though). If wanted less traffic issues and a more relaxing drive I would go I-10. However, it's been several years since I've made the trip so it may have changed.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done both ways, through ATL and along the coast. The coast route is nice, you get to see ocean the whole way and I like stopping in the French Quarter for Beniets. ATL sucks, the traffic blows. The people in Georgia are not as nice as they say. Food is better along the coast. I did the trip home from WDW in a a day and a half, long drive, but the trip was fun.

This. Precisely.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reroute yourself through New Orleans. Spend a night or two in the Big Easy and have some boiled crawfish, blackened redfish or gumbo.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad met us in Orlando last year for vacation and they drove. Take the route through shreveport and along the coast. The funny thing is when you reach the halfway point, it will be in Florida...

Latest posts

Top Bottom