Any taxidermists on here???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if we had any taxidermists on here around tulsa. The deer i shot sat morning I want to have the head stripped down to the skull and i'm going to leave it intact instead of just cutting the top of the skull off with a saw. What would someone charge to do this? I think its done with beetles

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Oklahomabassin...

To clarify, a whitetail European mount is $125 to OSA members. If you just want the skull cleaned, it's $80.

Let me know if I can help!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Oklahomabassin...

To clarify, a whitetail European mount is $125 to OSA members. If you just want the skull cleaned, it's $80.

Can you clarify? My idea of a European mount is the skull cleaned with antlers attached. Without a board, can be hung with a little wire or laid down on table, entertainment center, etc. I prefer without the board. Would this style be $80 or $125?

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Oklahomabassin...

Do you just clean them to where there is no fat or meat left in the skull? I'm assuming what you would call a European mount you would use some kind of chemical to seal and then bleach the skull to a pretty white? Is that the difference between $80 and $125?
Thanks

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion guys. For $80 it is just the skull (lower jaw is extra) cleaned, whitened and sealed, ready for you to display with your own creativity.

For $125 it is the skull(no lower jaw) cleaned, whitened, sealed and mounted to a wood plaque.

Latest posts

Top Bottom