Anybody been bit by

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m assuming a spider but the doctor didn’t know either. I can post some start pictures but it’s in a spot that’s very uncomfortable.
I don’t want to post pics unless someone maybe can give advice for the pain, If so I’ll post some just forewarning it’s pretty nasty. Doc put me on an antibiotic pills and that’s it. Pain meds make me turn red and feel hot but at this point I may have him call something in, haven’t slept in 48hrs. Feels like a bullet that didn’t pass thru, I’ve been shot before but it was straight through, sorta the same feeling but non stop.
Any advice appreciated
So how are you doing?? Improving condition ? Ever Rx’d Dapsone ?

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how are you doing?? Improving condition ? Ever Rx’d Dapsone ?
So it’s healing really good, just a lot of discharge and itching now.
Doc put me on Bactrim DS and Keflex, have just left it open not covered and no ointment. He didn’t say whether or not to cover or leave open or use any ointment. Just washing it with soap and water every 4hrs
I don’t think I have ever taken any antibiotics other then the two listed and amoxicillin.

Attachments

• E565C386-F7BC-4F83-A3AF-CB9565B39546.jpeg
    E565C386-F7BC-4F83-A3AF-CB9565B39546.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank God it wasn't a couple inches over. Yikes!
Yes sir, I probably would have lost one.
Still a “knot” about size of a quarter and maybe 5/16” deep that’s hard but it’s still oozing so I hope it goes down. Having to walk like I just got off a bull still lol

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Active Black Charcoal poultice. It will draw the poison and infection out fast. If you’d of got a poultice one on fast enough, you could have most likely forgone the Doc and in couple days it would be a mosquito bite. Heal fast. I’d still do the charcoal.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doc put me on Bactrim DS and Keflex, have just left it open not covered and no ointment. He didn’t say whether or not to cover or leave open or use any ointment. Just washing it with soap and water every 4hrs
I don’t think I have ever taken any antibiotics other then the two listed and amoxicillin.
Damm looks alot better. Been there

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still think it’s a Brown Recluse spider bite. The spider was probably hanging out in your pants and bit you when you put ’‘em on. They don’t hurt when they bite. Wouldn’t have noticed. Glad you are on the mend.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m assuming a spider but the doctor didn’t know either. I can post some start pictures but it’s in a spot that’s very uncomfortable.
I don’t want to post pics unless someone maybe can give advice for the pain, If so I’ll post some just forewarning it’s pretty nasty. Doc put me on an antibiotic pills and that’s it. Pain meds make me turn red and feel hot but at this point I may have him call something in, haven’t slept in 48hrs. Feels like a bullet that didn’t pass thru, I’ve been shot before but it was straight through, sorta the same feeling but non stop.
Any advice appreciated
Better watch out, you might have the monkey pox.

Latest posts

Top Bottom