Anybody else working cattle this Spring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We put in 11hrs today gathering, cutting, doctorin and trailin em back to pastures. Just 3 more days to go. Managed to snap a couple pictures. That's my wife and two oldest daughters behind me in the one picture. They're like good border collies just trailin behind waiting to hear their name and a hand signal. Don't tell my wife I said that! The girls don't have school on Mondays, I'll sure miss em the rest the week.
I know some the rest of y'all ranch some too. How y'all getting along?
IMG_4345.JPG
IMG_4347.JPG
IMG_4350.JPG
IMG_4352.JPG
IMG_4355.JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember the days, but no more. Neighbor got three new calves over the weekend though. Thought one of them was pretty lifeless looking, but it was up and gone when getting back from town.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way to go Cowcatcher! Your kids know what a hard days work is and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty doing it.

I helped a handful of times as a young man, but didn't do it every year. I was bought by one of the large animal vets at the FFA Labor Auction a couple years and helped out. My grandmother also had a small herd of cattle until I was in my late teens. I helped out with the sorting calves/cows and working cattle. Grandmother's cattle were used to ATV's and that is what we used to herd the cattle into the lot.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mostly help my bro-in law but this year I can't. He has a pretty large cattle operation and I look forward to it, but this year I'll miss it.
Glad to see you working the cattle on horse back. A lot are using 4 wheeler's but I think they just stress the cattle if their not used to it and if you get them running, your going to have to make a call to the vet or meat packer. We have lots of moles in some of the pastures.
Anyway, thanks for the pictures. Made made my day

Latest posts

Top Bottom