Anybody else working cattle this Spring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for your part in the food chain! I’m jealous. One day I want to own a few cattle, sell off 2-3 youngins a year, put one in the freezer. Nothing big. I know less about it than I know.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to raise a few for fun. Sold couple here n there jut to cover costs and fed one out every couple years to put in the freezer.
Brother is a Veterinarian and used to practice in NW Nebraska and I've helped him go out with the portable squeeze shoot and work a few hundred at the time. That was more a preg checking/vaccinating deal as that's the time of year I was always there. Lots of fun. I ran the cattle in and did the pour on while he preg checked em.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I help out on weekends on a family friends cattle ranch on lake Eufaula. I don't get paid (dont want to) I tell them I'm there for my health. I can't do the gym scene, but I can work small labor jobs from early(ish) am to dark no problem. I enjoy the sence of accomplishment, like something got done at the end of my day. I can go through their ranch and say I tore this or that out, I cleared those trees, I helped rebuild that fence, I rotated those tractor tires, etc. Next weekend is a calf round up for "tagging and bagging" as I like to call it. Also I get to help out with varmint control which I really like. Last week I went around cutting down trespassers treestands there were some damn nice ones! We got 4 total.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We put in 11hrs today gathering, cutting, doctorin and trailin em back to pastures. Just 3 more days to go. Managed to snap a couple pictures. That's my wife and two oldest daughters behind me in the one picture. They're like good border collies just trailin behind waiting to hear their name and a hand signal. Don't tell my wife I said that! The girls don't have school on Mondays, I'll sure miss em the rest the week.
I know some the rest of y'all ranch some too. How y'all getting along?
View attachment 135408 View attachment 135409 View attachment 135410 View attachment 135411 View attachment 135412

What's your wife's phone number?

You know that I'd do nothing more than say you "heaped praise upon her."

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I wanna know is when and where is the fry.

523ddffc33aec.image.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom