anyone a computer nerd that enjoys speeding up computers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my old xp laptop has been slow lately. have a whole slew of anti_______ programs on it, and i think htey are slowing each other down. anyone have some tips etc on how to stop all the excess background crud i dont need on here? use mainly for browsing, some document work, and some pictures....

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having too many anti- programs can be as bad as not enough in terms of performance sometimes.

I use Malwarebytes and Avast. That's pretty much it. I used to use Spybot, too, but it has gotten a bit slow these days... takes a while to run a full scan.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my old xp laptop has been slow lately. have a whole slew of anti_______ programs on it, and i think htey are slowing each other down. anyone have some tips etc on how to stop all the excess background crud i dont need on here? use mainly for browsing, some document work, and some pictures....

Install another dozen of AV programs, make sure they are all running at the same time and see if the performance comes back.
It should work, no personal experience there, I only run one AV program. I tried to install a second one some time ago but it warned me that I had to remove the other program first so, I gave up and stayed with one program only.

Latest posts

Top Bottom