anyone a computer nerd that enjoys speeding up computers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all seriousness, don't stack anti-virus programs. Pick one good one (MSE has been mentioned and it works well) and run with it.

Yes, but if he meant he has anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc., he'd be fine.
Also, to the OP, I'd start by not posting on a gun forum :-)
If it's been a while since you've reinstalled, yes, a reformat with a clean/fresh install would do the trick. But you'd have to reinstall everything after making sure you backed it all up. Also consider defragmenting your hard drive.(rearranges files so each one is together instead of split up across the drive).
And be careful disabling things in MS Config. Just because you don't recognize it, doesn't mean you don't need it. But things like Adobe, Quick Time, etc. (and their updater services) really don't need to be running at start up, waiting for you to open them.

For what it's worth, I'm a computer engineer and worked IT for 5 yrs, so I'm not totally BS-ing this stuff. (Not that the others are, of course!)

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, but if he meant he has anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc., he'd be fine.

Most of what people used to classify as "spyware" has been rolled up with viruses under the generic title "malware." I've never seen a decent antivirus product these days that doesn't handle both.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since this is a gun forum shouldn't we be speculating on the muzzle velocity of a given laptop when shot out of a cannon? Or, maybe more 21st century, speeding up an iPad out of an electromagnetic rail gun. Perhaps something primitive like speeding it up and out with a trebuchet?

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call this dude. He's freakin' awesome. Being in the Internet marketing business, I often get calls for computer maintenance, spyware, viruses and such. I always send them to this guy. He's honest, fast, and cheap.

Chris Rosacker 405.406.1704
ROC pc solutions .com

Latest posts

Top Bottom