Anyone buy an in-ground basketball goal lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My oldest has been after me for months to get a basketball goal. I really don't like the idea of the portable goals so the in-ground style is getting looked at.

Anyone have one that they can say is worth the money?

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would highly recommend getting one as it will keep your kiddos and their friends playing around your house and you can kinda keep an eye on them or at least have a little control on who comes around. I had a buddy that had a good set up in high school and we played around all of the time. One thing to consider is placement. A lot of people will utilize their driveway as a good surface. Be warned with that though as it can attract the neighborhood kids. My brother-in-law called his the humming bird feeder for hooligans. When he got home from work there would be handful of random kids playing in his driveway had to go as far as having talks with parents. If you have a sharp incline on your driveway then maybe consider a small pad in the back...

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they are great. My nextdoor bestfriend from 1-18 had one in their backyard. It was on their detattched garage drive way pad thing. We played there ALOT. However we also would walk a mile (I know it sounds crazy) to the school and play there too.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son-in-law is in the process of putting one in for my grandsons ( 16 and 14) they have been using a moveable one for the last four years and have worn it out. Well worth the cost!

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you was closer i would give you one just to get it haul off been laying in the barn for the last 15 years all it needs is a new net.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always a small circled area, under and around the goal, three inches deeper and held water from being packed down from tiny feet. Large area where grass would not grow for a few years even after the goal was long gone. Every kid in town played and bled on that ground.
It was great. Games started in the heat of the day and continued till you couldn't see the rim.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom