Anyone else getting a flu shot ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rather stay in reasonably good shape then get the shots weather Flu or Covid. Yup, got the Covid shots when they were first introduced, but no boosters. Regret getting the Covid Shot, too many questions that get shut down too much. I would have never dreamed that people would make a vaccine mandatory for adults. Besides, it is shown that you can catch and transmit the covid virus even if vaccinated, so what's the point? Even "covid is less severe" is false in many studies abroad. It's your choice, I will not fault anyone who gets it, just don't force me.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my annual flu shot from the VA and while I was there I went ahead and did the new Covid booster. I also learned that there was a new(er) form of vaccine against the Zoster virus (Shingles) so I will up my protection from what I already had come next month when I see my Cardiologist again - my Mom had Shingles and she was miserable with skin pain because of it. I don't need that in my life.

While I was getting dosed with more chemicals I was talking to the nurse about perhaps getting an RSV vaccination down the line and she told me that, so far the cases of RSV are very, very few for Oklahoma so getting an RSV is not recommended by the VA, plus unlike other vaccines where you can just do a walk-in, when it comes to the RSV vaccine, I have to go through my PCP first to get it authorized - must be some wicked stuff 🤔

0bserver

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mama and I are going to the Homeland pharmacy to get our yearly flu shot this morning.....the now retired doc I used to go to told me once that folks tend to get them too early and then don't have good protection after the first of the year / through the flu season and to get them right around Halloween.

We've been getting them for years and so far (knock on wood) neither one of us has come down with the flu but then I know folks that never get one and have never come down with it......just a roll of the dice I guess.

Three years ago I did get one of the stronger senior doses for old farts like me and it made me sicker than a dog so the following year I went back to the regular dose and haven't had any problems.

I've found keeping fingers out of holes in your head is a good way to keep from getting sick.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Already got the flu shot from my PCP a couple of weeks ago. Just got over COVID, so no need for a booster there anyway. I've been debating whether or not to take any more COVID shots. Probably not. I took both the flu vaccine and the COVID booster at the same time last year. I'll never do that again. I don't recall ever having an adverse reaction to any vaccines, but I did after combining the two!

Masnor

Marksman
Reaction score
Mama and I are going to the Homeland pharmacy to get our yearly flu shot this morning.....the now retired doc I used to go to told me once that folks tend to get them too early and then don't have good protection after the first of the year / through the flu season and to get them right around Halloween.

We've been getting them for years and so far (knock on wood) neither one of us has come down with the flu but then I know folks that never get one and have never come down with it......just a roll of the dice I guess.

Three years ago I did get one of the stronger senior doses for old farts like me and it made me sicker than a dog so the following year I went back to the regular dose and haven't had any problems.
Smart decision. Covid, flu, and pneumonia for us old folks. And the Shingles Vax is a must. If you got one years ago, ask if you should get the new one.

The flu vax (for multiple flu mixes) changes every year, almost. Some mixes will have more symptoms than others. But usually for a day or less. I consider that a fantastic deal compared to a couple weeks of feeling like crap, or worse.

Best of luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom