Anyone else really full of "Bah humbug!" this year????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously... I am NOT feeling the Christmas spirit, quite frankly. I love to give gifts, and I have given some good ones to friends lately, and have a great one for my boy when he comes home. But honestly, with my son being out of the country for 3 weeks in the Caribbean (family Christmas) and me working the entire holiday season (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day)... I'm just not feeling jolly in the least. Been a hellacious week, too, everyone at work is work out, pissed off, drop-dead tired, abused and taken-advantage of, and then to boot, we're short-handed on Christmas Day because the supervisor let staff off work and scheduled no one to replace them and didn't even get an agency to cover it. Nice. After putting out a nasty memo that NO ONE would be allowed special exception to be off. Oh well.

Rant done for the moment.... I'm just tired and not feeling the holidays.

Am I the only one?

<edit> Talked to my son on the phone for 5 minutes earlier, only the second time since he's beein gone (10 days thus far) and I had to cut it short... was getting pretty choked up, and have to keep things together here at work. :( Really a downer to talk to my kid on Christmas, I know. :( How pathetic.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
With Thanksgiving coming a week later and then the early winter storm, Christmas seemed to have come upon us VERY fast this year. So fast that we didn't even get a chance to put lights on the house. It really doesn't feel like a typical Christmas.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really bah humbug, but feeling a bit melancholy....first Christmas since my Dad passed. I didn't see him every Christmas (He lived back in Connecticut) but he was always there. No matter where I was in the world, we would celebrate together with a phone call and his trademark USPS flat rate envelope stuffed full of jerky, magazines and wacky cards. He loved Christmas. I miss him. It's hitting me harder than I thought it would.

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has been to me the worst year of my life. From financial stress, to loss of loved ones, I have been through it all. This year I am just ready for this mess to be over and done with. Hopefully the new year brings better luck but I am not feeling overly optimistic.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Feel you man. I am at work. Besides working in the oilfield, I am a volunteer firefighter on call 24/7 when able to make calls. Saturday evening was supposed to be Christmas/my birthday/my nephew birthday but the ice storm and careless drivers caused me to miss that too.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea , Familys spread out , not The Whole Family...get together for a couple years .

But NObody will hear any ..(BH) from me

Be Happy...and Merry Christmas

Yea no lights here , That Is depressing..... ;) .....Next year.
Go shopping for lights and stuff ..After Christmas....Deep discounts....

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things do seem to be a little off this year.

On a side note. It must be nice getting 3 weeks away to the Caribbean during the winter.

I guess that might depend on what cruise line one is sailing on. With some of the stories in the past about Carnival, I wouldn't be so sure.

All I can say is that the wife and I fully appreciate those in the military, police, fire departments and paramedics for being there for their fellow citizens. While it sucks to have to work on holidays, we want you all to know that we pray for God's blessings to be upon you.

For what it is worth, thanks and Merry Christmas.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm that way every year anymore; the whole thing is much more of a pain in the ass than a celebration. I hate that it's that way, but it's just how I feel. Don't really know why, exactly.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has been to me the worst year of my life. From financial stress, to loss of loved ones, I have been through it all. This year I am just ready for this mess to be over and done with. Hopefully the new year brings better luck but I am not feeling overly optimistic.

Thoughts and prayers man...new year, new chances.

Latest posts

Top Bottom