Anyone register a pistol brace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until you try a sell it. No one is going to what to buy a registered pistol grip gun.
Actually that's not the full picture. Any registered SBR can be taken off the NFA role by removing the part of the weapon that required it to be registered in the first place then notifying the ATF in writing stating it is no longer in the configuration requiring it to be registered. In other words you can remove the short barrel, replace it with a 16.5" one, then notify the ATF you have done so and request it be removed from the list. BTW do not keep the short barrel. The same would apply to those who registered their pistol braced rifle. Take off the brace, send a letter to the ATF you have done so and it is no longer in a configuration requiring it to be registered. Give it a few days to reach the NFA branch, then put the now legal pistol brace back on the rifle and do with it what you want.
Disclaimer
I am not a lawyer offering legal advice. This is just my understanding of the NFA laws after many hours researching them.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are not telling me anything I don't already know. I think you are missing the point here. Sounds like you registered a firearm that didn't need registered. That's my point. No reason to be a punk about it. The fact is you did what you were told to do like a good little boy. I also don't need you explaining the ends and outs of owning NFA items. If saving $200 is that big a deal for you well I'm happy for ya.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually that's not the full picture. Any registered SBR can be taken off the NFA role by removing the part of the weapon that required it to be registered in the first place then notifying the ATF in writing stating it is no longer in the configuration requiring it to be registered. In other words you can remove the short barrel, replace it with a 16.5" one, then notify the ATF you have done so and request it be removed from the list. BTW do not keep the short barrel. The same would apply to those who registered their pistol braced rifle. Take off the brace, send a letter to the ATF you have done so and it is no longer in a configuration requiring it to be registered. Give it a few days to reach the NFA branch, then put the now legal pistol brace back on the rifle and do with it what you want.
Disclaimer
I am not a lawyer offering legal advice. This is just my understanding of the NFA laws after many hours researching them.
This is true.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would a can need 4473 approval? In some parts of Europe they are actually required in a lot of areas for noise abatement and aren't regulated like firearms. You can buy them at sporting goods stores like fishing lures. Why not here?

Excellent question. I’ll ask my ATF agent next time he drops by.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Disclaimer
" Any registered SBR can be taken off the NFA role by removing the part of the weapon that required it to be registered in the first place then notifying the ATF in writing stating it is no longer in the configuration requiring it to be registered. "

If that is true then what is to prevent someone from notifying the ATF that they reverted or changed their NFA item to a non-NTF item even if they didn't? Do ATF agents physically check EVERYONE that makes that claimed change to make sure it actually happened or is it more of a case of just relying on the NFA gun owners honesty?

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That makes zero sense. ".30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Thirty magazine clip in half a second."

You're safe from the gestapo
Not sure what rock you been hiding under,
My clip holds 30 rounds of 556 that fires all 30 in .25 sec. I have 2 for sale if you want one? I’ll make you an OSA deal!
Low round count, barely used, sitting in the back of the safe! Double mint condition!

This is what keeps me safe from gestapo

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where I take my guns out to get some fresh air:

(47.6115092, -93.6090912)

Where ya’ll take your guns to lose them:

(47.6112957, -93.6195180)

IMG_3438.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom