Anyone register a pistol brace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went ahead and registered mine. It was the 12th class 3 item the feds know about me. I sent mine in on 3-17-23 and received my approval on 4-19-23. The rule allows you to remove the wrist brace and put any stock on that you want since the firearm is registered as a SBR. What I wonder is what happens when the courts and Congress do away with the wrist brace ban (which I expect since the House Judicial Committee already voted 23-15 to reverse it). Will the ATF then want those of us approved to fork over $200. since we registered our firearm under the “free” deadline of May 31. Magpul ACS stock much more comfortable than wrist brace.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't comply with unconstitutional laws (or in this case, arbitrary rules made up by an enforcement agency). Marbury v. Madison (1803) "Any law repugnant to the constitution is void". I certainly don't care to register anything with the feds especially when they only go after law abiding citizens and they have made zero effort to go after the gangbangers with "Glock Switches" that I see all over social media.

Weston.cain

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have NFA items and I'm still not taking advantage of the "free tax stamps" based on principles that this ruling is unconstitutional. I will remove my braces and wait it out regardless of the time frame.

Remember, everytime the government tells you something it's free, it's never free. I.e. covid checks...

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went ahead and registered mine. It was the 12th class 3 item the feds know about me. I sent mine in on 3-17-23 and received my approval on 4-19-23. The rule allows you to remove the wrist brace and put any stock on that you want since the firearm is registered as a SBR. What I wonder is what happens when the courts and Congress do away with the wrist brace ban (which I expect since the House Judicial Committee already voted 23-15 to reverse it). Will the ATF then want those of us approved to fork over $200. since we registered our firearm under the “free” deadline of May 31. Magpul ACS stock much more comfortable than wrist brace.
You see this is what pisses me off! Granted you have many NFA items. But one month? Really? I sent mine in the 25th of January and have heard nothing. Thats just ridiculous. Wow

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a 308 XP100 for 43 years
Those things are pretty collectible now. I don't think the 700CP will have the same appeal but I also thought Mosins would stay under $100.

Anyone have any pointers for doing the paperwork, etc? Or would it make more sense to have a trust formed and register it later? Then I could add silencers or more SBRs with multiple people (I think, have only heard bits and pieces about trusts).

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm finding it odd that in another thread, there is a poll, with a very high majority saying if a gun, or type of gun was put on the ban list, they would ignore it,
Yet here on this topic, everyone but a very few seems to be complying with a ban threat & getting their name on a registry with their particular gun.

Talking from both sides of their mouths I guess.
I’m already like others here and have several NFA items. I mostly did it since I didn’t have to cough up the $200 x4. Again, personally, ATF as a whole can go the way of the dodo. There are a FEW guys that I’ve met who work for that agency who are decent and good guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom