AR-15's are like PC computers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in 1991 I really got my first computer, learned to program, found out about BBS', read about AOL and hated the sounds of my modem connecting... all of this for just $2200!

What killed the PC market was a mass supply of parts, the ease with which they went together, and the simplicity of loading the software. How does this relate to the AR-15?

Well, this gun has been around a long time, since 1958, and has really experienced a huge following from both new gun owners (post Obama Election) as well as seasoned owners. We have had a war for the past 8 years with the Colt M4 being one of the major battle rifles.

Production has continued to grow by all of the manufactures. The government has a solid stockpile of rifles and parts and our government is looking to end our fight for freedom from terror.

You can easily build an AR-15 with nothing more then a good vice, a set of punches and an Armors' wrench. This is such a parallel to the PC market.

Give it another 12-18 months without new gun restricting laws, and a few in favor of our 2nd Amendment rights and I see AR-15's, accessories and ammo returning to the days of old.

You can only make so many receiver's, barrels and stocks until you have over produced and must clear out the overstock. We can already see DPMS, Rock River, S&W, Bushmaster etc.. keeping up with demand with a number of AR's which have been sitting on the shelves for some time now at the local stores.

I can only imagine that before it's done, we can buy complete AR's for $500 for a gas system as Piston is the new fun in town.

Just my thought looking at everything. I can't wait for the Government to release those stock piles of 5.56 and 7.62 as the war comes to an end...

Oh Happy day!

Just my thoughts...

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you ain't gonna be very popular with this post brother, tooo many brand loving ar guys around here. lol

I've got nothing against a brand... I'm just predicting we'll see a continual reduction in the price of AR's over the next 18 months assuming we keep a pro 2nd amendment direction with out government. That is a win for all gun owners, those who like a specific brand, or those who just want to build a fun shooter...

Can't argue with saving money..

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would that make the AK a Mac? :musketeers:

Good thought.... I would have to agree the AK is like a Mac... My AK just works... nothing super dirty with gas system, shoots any type of ammo, doesn't break down with a little dirt in the bolt...

Maybe the AK is the Mac of the Gun world...

guns_not_groceries

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good thought.... I would have to agree the AK is like a Mac... My AK just works... nothing super dirty with gas system, shoots any type of ammo, doesn't break down with a little dirt in the bolt...

Maybe the AK is the Mac of the Gun world...

Ya, but AKs are ugly, and ARs are pretty......Macs are definitely not ugly.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought AK's were like IBM as400's.

Big and ugly, the whole world tells you they are outdfated and obsolete yet they keep on running and getting made year after year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom