AR-15's are like PC computers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought AK's were like IBM as400's.

Big and ugly, the whole world tells you they are outdfated and obsolete yet they keep on running and getting made year after year.
LOL, in line with that comparison, my office is like the gun markets in Pakistan. (further, some days I wonder if CAI loaned IBM some of their drunken monkeys to build and support ours....)

I think the Obama panic AR market is definitely a bubble that will eventually burst, but there were a lot of factors driving the adoption rate and economies of scale of personal computers that aren't in play with firearms.

Now, throw in an honest to goodness zombie apocalypse and you've just found a "killer app" to drive a similar consumer product revolution. :wink2:

That said, the AR craze is definitely here to stay even if it's a little quieter once the dust settles.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say that M-14s are the Macs of the gun world. Not as many of them out there, they are more capable but generally cost more, those who use them love them and usually won't use anything else... and their owners are a little on the elitist side toward their poodle shooting brethren!

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't wait for the Government to release those stock piles of 5.56 and 7.62 as the war comes to an end...

Oh Happy day!

Just my thoughts...

If the bunch that's in power now is in power when (and if!) the war on terror ends, they will destroy any and all surplus rather than sell it to honest citizens. I am surprised the CMP still exists (I am NOT complaining). They maynot be able to pass more gun control, but, they can (and will!) keep price of the shooting sports "up there"! Don't you remember? Shortly after the administration changed 'spent' military brass got put into a de-mil classification calling for destruction. Some in congress stood up for us and and it was re-classified so it could be sold.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Macs and AKs are both used by people who think they're a lot smarter than they are, but in reality are almost always out-gunned.

ARs are like PCs - everyone loves to hate them, but at the end of the day, if you don't want to buy all your parts/accessories/software from a single place, you deal with the shortcomings of the platform and make due - and you always end up with more ways to do something than the other side :sunbath:

Latest posts

Top Bottom