Are you better off now than four years ago?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you better off todsy than four years ago?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am much more off than I was 4 years ago. I imagine 4 years from now I will be even more off.

Then again there's a lot of people here who are off too.

Some are even off enthusiasts. Some are off professionals.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm much better off. Sold the house in town and moved out of town a little ways. Same size house but on 2 acres and it's paid for in full. No house payments!
Otherwise, not makin any more money. Long as I've got a place to sleep, some venison in the freezer, a few buck for gas in the bike and a cold beer now and then, I'm a happy camper.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better off but by the grace of God and my own efforts not those of any one in government. Well except maybe for the small government offices that order from us :igetit:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell no! I am four years older, my standard of living has declined, and so has my purchasing power. My gut gives me trouble, I can't eat red onions anymore, and my doctor (young bastid) says I need to eat right and exercise more. What? He wants me to limp faster to the refrigerator or what? Better off? Ha!

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm much better off. Sold the house in town and moved out of town a little ways. Same size house but on 2 acres and it's paid for in full. No house payments!
Otherwise, not makin any more money. Long as I've got a place to sleep, some venison in the freezer, a few buck for gas in the bike and a cold beer now and then, I'm a happy camper.

You forgot ammo.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I'll finally say.
My first post on the first page was that the question should be if the USA is better than it was 4 days ago. JB reminded me that it wasn't the question.

When you get to 55 yrs old, you get an annual report from the SS administration listing your previous years salary's.
I can honestly say, that since LBJ was President, I've only lost income in the first year I went to the Military.
Through Nixon, Carter, Regan, Bush's, and Clinton, its been nothing but uphill.
Was it the administration in power at the time that made this happen?

No it wasn't. It was making personal decisions to go where the money was. If your a truck driver, or a dentist, and your job goes away, and you go on unemployment, wring your hands about no jobs in your profession, then you get what you deserve.

For the last 20 years or so, if I'm not wrong, you can get free training into another field if you loose your job. This can be done while on unemployment and its free!

Every company I've worked for in the last 30 years has offered a college/vo-tech incentive to go back to school while employed and they pay the tuition.

I have a stack of certificates from Vo-techs as well as transcripts from a junior college. A person has to give up a couple of nights a week for a few years, etc to do this.

I could care less what I have to do for a living, as long as I make a living for my family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom