Would You Enlist Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you were a young person, knowing what you know now, would you join the military again?

• Yes

Votes: 50 67.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 32.4%

• Total voters

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must have been lucky. When I went to Basic, I was assigned to a company of National Guard/Reserve recruits. Once the cadre found out that I was RA (Regular Army/enlistee), I didn't get much crap at all.
The opposite for me. Back in '69 my instructors were all of the opinion that draftees were unfortunate souls caught up in the 'conveyor belt' to hell (Vietnam), but those that joined were either batsheet crazy or STUPID fkrs and deserved to be treated as such.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reinstating the draft, make civilian public works people trained on infrastructure, disaster response, triage, clean water, wàste mgmt, etc
Then those who show integrity and initiative go to military training.
Create public works and infrastructue improvement jobs important to fight the Democratic mgmt damage to our country

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The opposite for me. Back in '69 my instructors were all of the opinion that draftees were unfortunate souls caught up in the 'conveyor belt' to hell (Vietnam), but those that joined were either batsheet crazy or STUPID fkrs and deserved to be treated as such.

I guess it depended on why one enlisted. In my case, it was to be assigned to a specific branch, which was the Army Security Agency.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted, NO. Not because I hated nor disliked my time in, but because of the current state of our gov't and its 'leaders'. They aren't.

Did a full 20 in the USN. Was some good times.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reinstating the draft, make civilian public works people trained on infrastructure, disaster response, triage, clean water, wàste mgmt, etc
Then those who show integrity and initiative go to military training.
Create public works and infrastructue improvement jobs important to fight the Democratic mgmt damage to our country
I was with you until the last part of your last sentence. Not everything has to be about political parties or politics in general. The idea of having public works projects staffed by those not wanting to go into the military is a good idea though.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
100% would do it again. We encouraged our kids to as well.

Our middle child is now well into her first overseas assignment and is loving it. Attending her basic training graduation well over a decade after my retirement was amazing.

Our oldest is working towards joining too.

0772C67C-7A62-4EAA-8EC5-0AF757FFD31E.jpeg
0CFC7AE2-8E13-4532-9863-0938A21B6361.jpeg
9C416CBA-6560-4509-9F7A-800D66548F91.jpeg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a heart beat!

I did not care what grumpy old farts thought of the military when I joined the first time, that still hasn’t changed.
Amen. I remember cranky old bastards bad mouthing “today’s military” in 1986.

Most folks running the military down never served or are so far removed from service they have no idea what’s actually happening…they just repeat whatever they hear on social media and agenda driven media.

Latest posts

Top Bottom