Arvest Bank is changing their stance on OC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So let's role play a little. You're an average bank teller. Probably female, mid-30's to mid-50's in age. You handle a great deal of money every single day. While bank robbery isn't as popular today as it used to be, it still happens once in a while. You see so many different faces each day, that these customers are pretty much numbers in a computer...

Now while you're sitting there today, the door chimes and catches you attention. As you watch this member walk towards the counter, you notice a firearm on their hip, and no badge/uniform to go with it... Is your first thought "That must be an outstanding member of society excersizing his rights in a lawfully legal way."

I agree with Arvest on their apparent new stance on open carry.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TwoForFlinching I've been to a handful of Arvest locations and most of them were too busy playing Angry Birds to notice much of anything.

I say don't waste your time getting worked up over nothing.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Arvest here in Poteau has darn good reason to be scared of firearms - They get robbed at gunpoint at least once a year! And the cops never can seem to catch the bad guy. Probably the same guy!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So let's role play a little. You're an average bank teller. Probably female, mid-30's to mid-50's in age. You handle a great deal of money every single day. While bank robbery isn't as popular today as it used to be, it still happens once in a while. You see so many different faces each day, that these customers are pretty much numbers in a computer...

Now while you're sitting there today, the door chimes and catches you attention. As you watch this member walk towards the counter, you notice a firearm on their hip, and no badge/uniform to go with it... Is your first thought "That must be an outstanding member of society excersizing his rights in a lawfully legal way."

Ya because we all know that bank robbers walk in nice and calm with a stailess 1911 on their hip in plain sight and a smile on their face....

WillR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's one point of view. One many on here probably don't echo. If any places I bank at put up signs I will close my accounts there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom