Arvest Bank is changing their stance on OC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not opposed to weapons in my business, concealed or open. However, if my insurance company informs me that my rates will sky rocket if I don't post a gun buster sign, you can be assured that I'll slap one up in a heartbeat. Every business is going to have to weigh the pros and cons of this. The decision is not as cut and dry as many of you would like to believe. It also may have nothing to do with their stance on the second

Dude - cancel your insurance with them and find another company. I own my own business and have many different types of insurance. I do not let a insurance company that I pay my money to dictate rules to me. I believe that if I'm the one signing the check, that makes me the boss.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya because we all know that bank robbers walk in nice and calm with a stailess 1911 on their hip in plain sight and a smile on their face....

So there's no such thing as a polite, nice looking criminal who occasionally smiles from time to time?

I guess I'm alone in my sensible logic. I see someone with a gun in public, I assume they are a threat to my family and I, and I'm not about to walk up to a gun wielding patron and ask if they are permitted...

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So there's no such thing as a polite, nice looking criminal who occasionally smiles from time to time?

I guess I'm alone in my sensible logic. I see someone with a gun in public, I assume they are a threat to my family and I, and I'm not about to walk up to a gun wielding patron and ask if they are permitted...

You're not alone in your sensible thinking. Tony Tromix has also displayed his colorful opinion on Dukes/wannabe cops/Bruce Willis/small penis sufferers.

My sensible logic tells me that your last paragraph is full of irony.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude - cancel your insurance with them and find another company. I own my own business and have many different types of insurance. I do not let a insurance company that I pay my money to dictate rules to me. I believe that if I'm the one signing the check, that makes me the boss.

Don't let an insurance agency tell you what to do... Let this guy tell you what to do...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So let's role play a little. You're an average bank teller. Probably female, mid-30's to mid-50's in age. You handle a great deal of money every single day. While bank robbery isn't as popular today as it used to be, it still happens once in a while. You see so many different faces each day, that these customers are pretty much numbers in a computer...

Now while you're sitting there today, the door chimes and catches you attention. As you watch this member walk towards the counter, you notice a firearm on their hip, and no badge/uniform to go with it... Is your first thought "That must be an outstanding member of society excersizing his rights in a lawfully legal way."

I agree with Arvest on their apparent new stance on open carry.

Yes, because the majority of armed robbery suspects enter the bank with a plainly displayed firearm in a holster on their belt. :rolleyes2

I'm not anti gun... Just anti idiocy

And yet you relied on a logical fallacy to support your emotional opinion. Stay classy!

Are you also afraid of the boogeyman and the sky falling? How many times have you been accosted by a SDA permit holder? Seems to me your fragile emotional state relies on a head in the sand approach. What I don't see can't harm me! LOL

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, this place is getting about as hoplophobic as a Tulsa World comment section... Never thought 'd see such irrational fear on OSA when it came to firearms.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There is nothing sensible about that logic...

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was in Montana a few weeks ago. Checking into my hotel I spotted another guest unloading his and his wife's bags from the back of their SUV at the front entrance. His firearm was exposed as he reached for the bags and when he stood the gun was then visible. I smiled and said "nice gun". He looked at me, then at his gun and quickly covered it with his shirt and gave me a grateful thankyou with a smile. I guess it's just me, but if I see someone acting normal who happens to be armed I find reassurance that there are other people who take responsibility to protect themselves and their family. Going all paranoid is silly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom