Attention All Marines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what would you know,,,boot

You talkin' to me? Huh? You talkin' to me? What would I know? You askin' me what I know? I'll tell you what I know, Methuselah, I knew where to go there to do something more fun than watch Habu-Ferret fights.

Speaking of Habu's, I killed one of the things one time with a whole can of Raid Bug Killer (and a few smacks with a broom handle) at Camp Schwab. He was curled up on the doorstep outside my BOQ room. Big damn 'ol snake he was too.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You talkin' to me? Huh? You talkin' to me? What would I know? You askin' me what I know? I'll tell you what I know, Methuselah, I knew where to go there to do something more fun than watch Habu-Ferret fights.

Speaking of Habu's, I killed one of the things one time with a whole can of Raid Bug Killer (and a few smacks with a broom handle) at Camp Schwab. He was curled up on the doorstep outside my BOQ room. Big damn 'ol snake he was too.

yeah, cherry boy, i'm talkin to you. i made a few courier runs to Okinawa, usually 5 days before i could return south. always took 500 bucks, typical evening started at the club for happy hour, mixed drinks 2 for a dime. got medium blasted then hit the ville, partook of the other pleasures available while drinking with the jo-sans. after an evening filled with such entertainment, it was off to sukahachie alley, the after hours bars LOL, drink and more jo-sans, and the death matches. then back to Butler to rest up for the next evening foray. get back from the courier run and i was broke, was there once for about 10 days because a typhoon closed down Kadena, had to get paid on my orders to continue my life of debauchery

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 36 years I still have this. Problem is, the damn thang shrank.

image.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two field jackets from the early 70's and they still fit. Pics if needed. I just put them back in the attic yesterday after wearing at the Veterans day parade locally in November. We are cleaning closets currently.
Back in the day, Jim beam made many "short timer" decanter bottles sold only in class 6 stores. I had one of them, but like another posted, it was a victim of a pcs move. They must have thrown it off the ship onto the dock. (stick photo, not my own)
s-l1600.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom