Attn: All Duck Hunters!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, guys, the day is coming. And I just got paid. Heading to Bass Pro sometime this week to gear up...Getting excited.......

Prepare to be disappointed! If you're like me, everytime I get all fired up to finally spend the money on something, they have it in every size but mine, it is on backorder, that other guy just got the last one... etc.

Good luck though, you will enjoy a good set of waders.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prepare to be disappointed! If you're like me, everytime I get all fired up to finally spend the money on something, they have it in every size but mine, it is on backorder, that other guy just got the last one... etc.

I'm hoping that between, bass pro and Academy I can find what I need.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MrShooter, it is all a matter of taste. If you or anyone in your household has ever used the word "gamey", then they might take offense to the duck on the table. I just get annoyed at anyone that uses that word due to something not tasting like steroid injected, hormone implanted, genetically engineered something that you may pick up at the grocery store. If those people tried fresh homegrown beef they would probably say it tastes "gamey", just because it doesn't taste like the stuff from the Piggly Wiggly. Sorry for the tangent...

When prepared correctly, duck is hard to beat in my opinion. I love a fat grilled mallard or wood duck, or maybe a little duck gumbo, smoked duck wrapped in bacon and jalapeno.... whoo! Got me slobberin now just thinkin bout it.

You ever bring home some diving duck and your wife goes to fry it up, it may run everyone out of the house. Ducks taste different depending on their diet.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I got em! They had my size and everything!

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Laaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy Roosta7 a brace of woodies or gang of goose breasts on de smoker wid a loade of hickoreeee under it is pure heaven. My slobber pot runneth over.

Get yo mowf redi cause a load a venison is gettin marinated and fixin to hit the hickoorrrrrr smoke dis week.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You ever bring home some diving duck and your wife goes to fry it up, it may run everyone out of the house. Ducks taste different depending on their diet.

I sincerely hope you've never fried up coot....those things are good for one thing only - whacking with the extra birdshot shells you forgot you had in your coat and leavin em lie....

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sincerely hope you've never fried up coot....those things are good for one thing only - whacking with the extra birdshot shells you forgot you had in your coat and leavin em lie....

x2...I was finishing up a hunt and there were 30-40 Coots on a frozen pond. We blasted them, reloaded kept going, reloaded again. Those dumba$$ birds must have forgotten how to fly...pretty funny, the kept sliding around on the ice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom