Auto A/C problem... 'tis the season, eh? lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks todd. I just rented a car and dropped it at PepBoys to replace the radiator and they're gonna check the A/C while they're at it.

Unfortunately the A/C became a secondary consideration.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, supposedly they checked my A/C system and it is fully charged and holding. They say my condenser isn't working... the condenser fan didn't kick in.

And they bent me over for $700 for my radiator, thermostat and an oil change.

Madre de Dios.... I should have gone to the DEALERSHIP for that DEAL!

HiPower

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like they got you coming and going...there is no such thing as a condenser fan. The same fan that moves air through the radiator pulls it through the condenser, too. And even if that fan fell out of the truck in the middle of the road, your A/C would work fine above about 35 mph.

soonertodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like they got you coming and going...there is no such thing as a condenser fan. The same fan that moves air through the radiator pulls it through the condenser, too. And even if that fan fell out of the truck in the middle of the road, your A/C would work fine above about 35 mph.

lots of cars have condenser fans dodge trucks have a condenser and fan assy.seperate from the radiator

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've seen quite a few cars with condenser fans. tRdoc mentioned his a/c worked better running down the road than stopped and at idle.

This thread is starting to remind me of Car Talk on NPR. Maybe we need a car repair section on OSA.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hahaha... yes, it DOES work well when driving.

I don't know if an '04 Tahoe has a condenser fan.... I'll have to look into it when I get some time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom