Automotive Question for all you car guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pop the fuel switch on the kick panel. It might start but it wont go far. Whats to keep the wife from loaning him her car though? That seems to be the real issue, if shes not onboard, your sunk

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This in the truck.
31X9TdKgYrL.jpg
Key in your pocket.

Poor boy's version = piece of chain through wheel spokes, wrapped around brake pedal, and padlocked.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drain the oil. Take a pic of the odometer and show him and wife. She caves or he takes it, he will make it away from the house and not much further.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can pull the starter solenoid start wire off and leave it to the side or sometimes you can put it to the second screw and it will not start. An easy cure and a simple fix when you return. But others have had good suggestions.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pull the Fuel Pump Relay in the Power Distribution Box in the engine compartment and take it with you. Unplug the harness from the Fuel Pump Inertia switch. Take your Oklahoma Credit Card and drain all the gas from the tank. If it's a stick, unplug the connector to the clutch safety switch.

See page 139 in the Owner's Manual for the PDB fuse/relay locations.
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/98f12og1e.pdf

Take a picture of the odometer, then tell him he gets a butt whoopin' if it's not the same when you get back--then drive it around the block... ;)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
let him take it and report it stolen when it is gone..
A stay in jail may do him some good.
You can get a tracking device and you will be alerted as to when it is on the move.
At least i think you can..
But simple;;;; pull fuel pump or ecm relay.

17 and he does not have his own beater yet..
By 24 i had owned over 250 vehicles....got my first ticket at 12 and got my license at 21 had too many points on it to even take the test to get one...got down to 36 points and i was able to take my driving test at 21.
I bought all my own cars and paid all of my own way.
Feel better yet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom