Back from Ft. Benning, GA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just got back with the family from Ft. Benning last night at about 1:30 am last night. It is so good to be home. I missed my wife and kids more than I imagined possible, it feels so good to with them again. Basic was bittersweet for me, I enjoyed it and hated it at the same time, all I could do while I was there was think about my family and always wonder what they were doing and if they were all okay. I gottta do some browsing around here and see what kinda crazy OSA stuff has been going on for the past 4 months. BTW I graduated as an 11 Bravo (Infantryman) for those who didn't remember.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations, they have a great infantry museum on Benning too. I know you didn't have any extra time I did 11b training there several years ago, but if you go back. The ranger memorial is pretty awesome too. As they say " it was the best of times, it was the worst of times" I have some good memories and some not so good ones up there on sand hill!

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for your service, sir! I grew up, literally, across the street from Ft. Benning. For all you infantry guys who survived a summer there in training.. you are MANLY men!

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys, sorry for not getting back on here sooner, I have been really busy since I've gotten back.
SMS, the plans so far are depending on when a deployment for me will be. I return to talk to my unit this Tuesday. They have been sending pretty much anyone including people right out of basic that are part of the 45th Infantry Brigade downrange to Afghanistan. I'm hoping and praying that I get more time with my family than a couple of weeks before a deployment. If I don't have a deployment coming up, I plan on going back to work full time, and school part time. My goal is a career in Federal LE.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be good to just get that deployment out of the way now while your unit is deployed and you are 'fresh' from learning and not too comfortable at home. The longer you are home the harder and more emotional it is to pack up and pull out again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom