Bad paint job by my local gunshop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeatherDoctor

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rattle canned a CIA wasr. It wasn't worthy of throwing money at, and the factory finish was crap. It is Cummins tan ceramic engine paint. $7 and little time. It is scratched in the obvious places(where dust cover meets and the safety)

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the worse part about it besides the pathetic paint job is that he said he did it on his own time and took 50 bucks and gave the shop 30. The whole thing really makes me mad. I don't like being a jerk to people but he straight took advantage of me. And I do business there all the time. And to make excuses as to why it had so many problems. The more I talk about it the madder I get.

Sounds more like a bad deal with the Roland guy than BDC. I think you should contact Jack and let him know.

BDCGUNROOM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK Mitch, where do I start? Just like with your gripe about the ammo pricing last year, you are way off base. You had us paint a BRAND NEW rifle because you didn't like the grey parkerizing. I see one flaw in the photos, on the bottom. The groove under the safety is on EVERY AK, not just yours, there is no way to avoid that. If you wanted the safety and gas tube painted, why did't you say something in the store? Roland asked you REPEATEDLY if you were satisfied. You saw me in the shop, I asked about the paint job, you said NOTHING. Instead, you come on here and start griping, throwing me and my store under the bus without saying anything to the people who can solve your problems. That, my friend, is the definition of "chickens*%t". As to doing it on the side, that's my issue I will take up with my employee. Concerning your problem with your Glock, I have to call BS again. We install a DROP IN part into your pistol, a connector, you say it causes problems with your slide. How? Then you say we did nothing to address your problem or concern? I doubt that very much. Do you have a trigger pull scale? We do, and no trigger goes out the door without testing. You "fiddled with it" at home and all is well? Again, BS. If your such a wiz with glocks, why come to us? We have installed HUNDREDS of Glock connectors with ZERO problems. Why don't you man up and come in to talk to me instead of whining on a forum? Your alternative is never coming in again? I'll remember that when we open the indoor gun range. We have hundreds of satisfied customers through here every week. Are we perfect? No. Can we please everyone? No. If given the opportunity to make things right, will we try our hardest, even at the risk of making no money? YES.
If all you want to do is gripe rather than solve the problem, then I have no sympathy for you. Cheers.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_comment_friday_damn_zps2c866c12.jpg

Sounds like they are willing to help if you just go ask.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK Mitch, where do I start? Just like with your gripe about the ammo pricing last year, you are way off base. You had us paint a BRAND NEW rifle because you didn't like the grey parkerizing. I see one flaw in the photos, on the bottom. The groove under the safety is on EVERY AK, not just yours, there is no way to avoid that. If you wanted the safety and gas tube painted, why did't you say something in the store? Roland asked you REPEATEDLY if you were satisfied. You saw me in the shop, I asked about the paint job, you said NOTHING. Instead, you come on here and start griping, throwing me and my store under the bus without saying anything to the people who can solve your problems. That, my friend, is the definition of "chickens*%t". As to doing it on the side, that's my issue I will take up with my employee. Concerning your problem with your Glock, I have to call BS again. We install a DROP IN part into your pistol, a connector, you say it causes problems with your slide. How? Then you say we did nothing to address your problem or concern? I doubt that very much. Do you have a trigger pull scale? We do, and no trigger goes out the door without testing. You "fiddled with it" at home and all is well? Again, BS. If your such a wiz with glocks, why come to us? We have installed HUNDREDS of Glock connectors with ZERO problems. Why don't you man up and come in to talk to me instead of whining on a forum? Your alternative is never coming in again? I'll remember that when we open the indoor gun range. We have hundreds of satisfied customers through here every week. Are we perfect? No. Can we please everyone? No. If given the opportunity to make things right, will we try our hardest, even at the risk of making no money? YES.
If all you want to do is gripe rather than solve the problem, then I have no sympathy for you. Cheers.
You can call bs all you want but it is true. I found a video on YouTube and the guy had the same problem as me. The new connector wasn't the same shape as the factory one. When I bent it a little it worked. It was rubbing against the slide. It wasn't something Roland did. But he couldn't fix it when I brought it in. And when he checked the poundage of the trigger it was pulling at around 5 pounds. But that is fine now. But the paint job is a different story. Should I have said something, yes. Am I a chicken S like you said I am, no. I am not talking about the line under the safety from where it rubs. I know that would be there. There are multiple chips on places there shouldn't be and the paint even came off on my hands when I got home. The prep time to paint with aluma hyde isn't a quick thing and it says on the bottle it takes a week to cure. It took two days, actually a day and a half to do it. I am not bad mouthing your shop, nor you. I haven't done that since that one time and I apologized to your face like I said I would. I could have just said I would to look better on here and then not do it but I did like I said I would. But I am not gonna say I am sorry for this thread. It really wasn't even about your shop. That is why I never listed the name on the thread or my post. That came later when I was asked who did it. Now obviously you have a friend on here that tells you when someone says something bad about your shop or you pick and choose when to post. You can get on here and be the biggest D head in the world if that makes you feel better. I ain't gonna stoop to your level. I am over it now and will fix it myself. I am glad you have hundreds of satisfied customers. But you just lost one. I know it's not gonna hurt you and that ain't my intent. I would rather go somewhere that won't try and take advantage of me. And that is what happened with the paint job. He didn't put one ounce of effort into it. Obviously when you glanced at it you didn't notice how bad it looked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom