Baddog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westsidebob

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like some input on this hypothetical scenario, I live in an apartment, today I was walking my little dog and this guy pulls up and parks in his parking spot, gets out, and lets his dog out of the car. The dog was a medium size, stocky Pit mix looking dog. They didn't notice us, but I got to thinking, what would I do if that dog noticed us and charged. Now, if the dog was coming at me, I would act to make sure that dog didn't reach me, and I assume that I would be justified firing my gun and putting the dog down if it was apparent that it was going to attack me. But what if the dog was going after my little dog? Do you take the dog out before it reaches your dog? Or do you wait till the dog attacks your dog?

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just 1 dog? I'm acting like I'm kicking a 60 yard field goal with :02 left in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl down by 2. The owner should have him by the time he picks himself up.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last dog/shooting(police) thread pushed a logic of carrying a taser or other less lethal device (bear spray) to deture an attacking animal.

As a setting like that would be word vs. word, likely with zero witnesses, it wouldn't end well in a civil setting.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FULLAUTO has it. A nice field goal kick under the jaw should do wonders for his attitude. The owner may require the same treatment with a jewel shot.

Westsidebob

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just 1 dog? I'm acting like I'm kicking a 60 yard field goal with :02 left in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl down by 2. The owner should have him by the time he picks himself up.
Haha, I like the idea of a field goal, but if were are talking a 50-60 pound Pit, do you think that would work?

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a paper route back in the '70s when I was growing up. I was 11 or 12. I was attacked early one morning by a gsd. I was probably 100 pounds. Dog was probably 80 pounds at least. I was swatting at the dog with the newspaper I had in my hand as the dog was backing me into a corner from which there was no escape. Faced with being mauled, I gave the dog the hardest kick I could muster right to the jaw. Dog whimpered and ran off.

FullAuto has it right - good swift kick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom