Best Tactical Shotguns? Pump or Semi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pros or cons on a 12ga, semi-auto, magazine fed shotgun? It looks like an AR shotgun.
Took a pretty intense shotgun combat course awhile back, (about 250 rounds in 4hours) one of the guys brought out a turkish made AR shotgun, all in all it ran pretty well. Only failure it had was we eventually got the mag to drop free cause the small plastic retainer inside the magwell broke from the constant barrage of firing.

I've seen a few of them have cycling issues/extremely ammo picky, if you read up theres a few decent ones for under $500

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Model 1300 > Benelli Nova > 870 > 590 > 500

Before anyone tries to convince me otherwise , I'll just say you probably haven't use a model 1300 Defender . Exponentially slicker cycling and faster than any of the above defensive pump guns by a country mile.

Had one - never should have sold it.

Currently have a Rem 870 - old school LE style wood furniture with rifle sights, 7 round mag tube and a 4 round sidesaddle to keep slugs in

I have a couple of thousand rounds through it and it still is not as slick as the Defender i sold years ago

Latest posts

Top Bottom