Big shout out for the folks at Hodgdon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well some of you know I jumped on some powder I thought would serve my needs. Turns out it would only serve half my needs. Well I gave the folks at Hodgdon a call and spoke with Sherry. She was a cool chick. After explaining my conundrum she agreed to cancel my order and refund my payment! Now THATS customer service.

the bad part is that I am now back to square one trying to find a powder that is available and will load both 38 spl and 357 mag. Ugh!

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blue Dot. The 38 loads will be +P. Even if you can't find it in stores, I'll bet you can find it from an OSA member. Just about every reloader I know has a few pounds sitting around as a general purpose load all powder for pistols and shotguns.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used blue dot in my .40 for awhile.

It works, but it’s a bit slow burning and flashy! It puts on a nice display with this G20. It should look really wild indoors or at night! [emoji23]

IMG_7825.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It works, but it’s a bit slow burning and flashy! It puts on a nice display with this G20. It should look really wild indoors or at night! [emoji23]

View attachment 207292

Lol! That’s why I quit loading with it.
Had to wear a welding hood at USPSA matches. [emoji12]

It’s real slow burning powder for magnum shotshells loads.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol! That’s why I quit loading with it.
Had to wear a welding hood at USPSA matches. [emoji12]

It’s real slow burning powder for magnum shotshells loads.

Right! It “works”, but it is not optimal. Even at high levels in a pistol.

I specifically built this load for the shock and awe factor knowing the burn it creates. It wasn’t even that powerful, but was at the very top of the load limit. The brass was showing pressures signs at 1167fps/210pf with what was pictured.

I think that 180g JHP would easily do 1350, maybe 1400 with N350.

Latest posts

Top Bottom