Bit by a dog on my morning run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I would most likely shoot before the dog gets it's teeth into my ass, but, I'm not sure the police\DA is going to be very understanding.

I doubt it.....if you are not on the owners property at the time of the incident then the owner is liable for any damages and is also required to keep the animal contained(this applies to counties with larger populations, I forget the number though). i.e. if you shoot a dog on the sidewalk or in the street and there is evidence of that, you should be cleared pretty easy(especially in the OkC area). The only way you might have a problem is if you shot it on the owners property....you'd have a hard time justifying your trespass.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way you might have a problem is if you shot it on the owners property....you'd have a hard time justifying your trespass.

I was on the sidewalk at the time, and the dog was big enough he hardly had to come onto the sidewalk.

I'm glad that you're safe, butt, you gotta admit, getting bitten on the ass makes for a great story. Pics of dog bites on ass?

I'm actually surprised no one asked for pictures before now. What I'm not surprised about is that you're the one to ask.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on the sidewalk at the time, and the dog was big enough he hardly had to come onto the sidewalk.

I'm actually surprised no one asked for pictures before now. What I'm not surprised about is that you're the one to ask.

6'2" 180 runner. I'm just saying.

Did your wife laugh when you told her that you got bit on the ass?

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys and girls, I will tell you that I am one of those people that love dogs more than I like 95% of people, but I had to put one of my own dogs down once after it attacked and nearly killed a colt belonging to my sister. Later on I was walking the beach on Lake Texoma in the Fobb Bottom, and was nearly attacked twice by a feral pit bull mix, the first time I fired a shot in the ground near the dog to scare it off. The second time she lunged out of a hole in a red clay bank, I fired as I was falling back and I just missed, luckily the debris kicked up by the bullet struck her and she fled. I was aiming to kill her, as she was out to kill me. Come to find out she had a litter of pups in that hole. You just have to do what you have to do, remember old yeller.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No need for a gun to inflict damage to the dog.

When the dog bites you grab it by the throat (grab the esophagus), pull hard, then twist.

Remember this especially if a dog ever gets you off your feet. The dog's throat will be much more exposed then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom