Blah! Dog troubles ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I've had two instances with pumpkin. One was we tried to help thicken things up with our pit with canned pumpkin... yeah I apparently gave him too much and it had the opposite effect. He wasn't right for 3 days, it was quite sad because he messed up his crate overnight as well. The other was we decided to bring in our decorative pumpkins Halloween before last so they wouldn't get smashed and our heeler decided to eat half of one of the small ones. He laid down 7-8 solid logs the next day. Fresh is always better I guess.

I'd just do just a bit at a time, especially if he's sensitive.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I've had two instances with pumpkin. One was we tried to help thicken things up with our pit with canned pumpkin... yeah I apparently gave him too much and it had the opposite effect. He wasn't right for 3 days, it was quite sad because he messed up his crate overnight as well. The other was we decided to bring in our decorative pumpkins Halloween before last so they wouldn't get smashed and our heeler decided to eat half of one of the small ones. He laid down 7-8 solid logs the next day. Fresh is always better I guess.

I'd just do just a bit at a time, especially if he's sensitive.

Man ... Poor fellas!! :)

OK ... well it's greek yogurt and pumpkin for dinner tonight ... mixed in with his boiled hamburger and rice concoction ... right after he gets a massive dose of Pepto ... :P

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ...

I'm wondering if he's missing a nutrient or vitamin or something.
Yes, he is. He's missing poo! :wink2:

Have you considered making them outside dogs? I have two dogs - one like to eat poo but doesn't get sick. They were house dogs but preferred being outside most of the time. Now they almost never come in the house.
May be a solution for you?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, he is. He's missing poo! :wink2:

Have you considered making them outside dogs? I have two dogs - one like to eat poo but doesn't get sick. They were house dogs but preferred being outside most of the time. Now they almost never come in the house.
May be a solution for you?

Oh ... now you just sound like that damned JBT that lives here! :P Yeah ... I have. When we move out onto an acreage, I can see that happening with the little mutt that followed me home but Nero (the GSD) will be an inside dog until he dies. He's kinda a funny dog. Real "sensitive", if you get my drift. When we first got him he wouldn't make eye contact with me, wouldn't play, wouldn't eat if you were in the room with him. Really, really strange stuff. I know he wasn't abused because I've gotten several dogs over the years from this same kennel. He's just not good with any change in his routine -- AT ALL ...

He will play now ... and he actually wags his tail a little. NOT something he did for literally the first 6 months he was here. I celebrated a milestone for him recently when Dawg stole his rawhide from him and Nero waited until Dawg laid down with it, then he looked at me and got up and went and got it back. LOL Dawg was :shocked: ... because Nero wouldn't stand up for himself to save his soul. That damned mutt that was 1/4 his size was mopping the floor with him several times a week. Nero finally learned to come and "tattle" when Dawg was being bad but he never stood up for himself. He's getting better and better though ...

I vacuum up enough dog hair every day (shout out to all you other GSD owners! :wave:) that I could start my own clothing factory ... :nolike: But, right now, they are kinda inside/outside dogs. GC will tell ya straight up ... if it wasn't for his retirement plan I'd have kicked him to the curb years ago ... to make room for a couple more dogs ... :P

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my 100# Labrador to the vet for shots. As we were leaving this old lady came frantically running up to the door,carrying this little 15#, white poodle. The vet had walked to the door with me, we were talking duck hunting.
She interrupts, "Dr. I think Fifi has diahrea."
I say, "must be nice having a little dog, when this one has the shiites EVERYBODY knows for sure."
You know that look upon get just before Mom whips your butt?

Latest posts

Top Bottom