Blah! Dog troubles ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can pour pepper juice over the poo or maybe some hot sauce.
:rotflmao: If I'm gonna do that I might as well just pick it up and put it in the trash ... :P

Actually, I was going to make the same suggestion, but don't pick it up. Let him get a couple of good, spicy doses and it'll probably change his mind.

Worked great on the raccoons that used to raid our garbage.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is he giving you puppy kisses to tell you he loves you? Did you notice bad breath?

LOL ... funny you should mention that. I have to get down in his face and blow on his nose to get him to swallow the Pepto. No bad breath ... He's actually a pretty healthy dog ... well, except for his grumbling gut right now ... LOL

I've gotten some good ideas from you guys though ... so I'm sure he will be fine ... Thank you all ... you guys never disappoint!! :kiss: :heart:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is separation anxiety or boredom that turns into habit. I've seen more GSDs eatin pooh than any other breed. Just yucky.

Yep. I'm pretty sure this is our problem. He follows me from room to room all day. Only time I'm outta sight is when he goes outside to potty, or if I put them out when I leave the house ... which isn't very often. I thought having another dog for him to bond with would help us avoid the anxiety thing that we've had with every GSD that's been here ...Guess it didn't work so well ...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For crying out loud, where is Sooner DVM when one needs her?

Take the dog to the vet. If you remember our little brown MinPin, TJ, when he had issues, although it wasn't from eating poo, the vet told us that the dogs needed to be eating real meat. I'm not a believer in all this dog food that is "supposed" to be good for them because it has rice and vegetables. Canines aren't vegetarians.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For crying out loud, where is Sooner DVM when one needs her?

Take the dog to the vet. If you remember our little brown MinPin, TJ, when he had issues, although it wasn't from eating poo, the vet told us that the dogs needed to be eating real meat. I'm not a believer in all this dog food that is "supposed" to be good for them because it has rice and vegetables. Canines aren't vegetarians.

Ehhhh, he doesn't need a vet. His color is good, he's not dehydrated, he's alert ... he just needs to quit eating poo ...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I had never heard of it since you posted about it awhile back, I take it that you have tried him on the Blue? I believe they have a chicken/rice formula. That's all we feed our yorkie. Well..except for people food when the wife just doesn't have the will to resist her cute little brown eyes.

She used to raid the cat box but kind of grew out of it, then there was no more cat so we don't have this problem at all. She won't eat her own, as a matter of fact she tries to place it as far from "her turf" as possible. When she takes a dump she's always literally up against the fence in or very near one of the back corners of the yard. If she could figure out way to get it one the other side of the fence I'm pretty sure she would.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Our GSD is also a poo eater. We've tried everything mentioned here to no avail. He's perfectly healthy other than this habbit. Gross. No kisses from Sarge. Period. The only poo in our back yard is his (we have three dogs). Doesn't matter what food he is on, he just has to snack in the back yard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom