Bonnie and Clyde...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Partially historically inaccurate. Clyde didn't have BARs. He had Colt Monitors (same thing but not manufactured for military use).

According to Ramsey's book, he obtained the M1918 BARs from the National Guard Armory in Enid and in Illinois. The Colt Monitor was not very prevalent as there were something over 100 built. Hamer armed his team of Deputies with the Colt Monitor after Hinton discovered that the .45 ACP round from the Thompson did not penetrate the car bodies of the time. Hamer used a .35 Remington Model 8. This lack of penetration also contributed to the use of the .38 Super at the time, until the arrival of the .357 Magnum.

You are correct about the historical accuracy.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has there ever been a "based on a true story" movie where the actual participants were as attractive as the actors chosen to play them? Bonnie Parker... Faye Dunaway. Not a difficult decision, IMHO.

Well, Amelia Earhart could give Hilary Swank a run for the money in that regard, I suppose.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would like to see it but not on anything we can get with an antenna. Not worth the $50.00+ a month for a once in a blue moon show that might be interesting. Maybe it will eventually end up on dvd.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it was decent, I like historical type events and I like to see the old cars/clothes, etc...

It didn't get rave reviews online and I didn't watch the '76 movie...but so far so good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom