Bonnie and Clyde...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wellington,TX incident as well. Captured lawmen were left tied up around Erick, OK as they made their way North.

farm5.staticflickr.com_4098_4938431488_5aa74af553_b.jpg

http://bonnieandclydehistory.blogspot.com/2010/05/wellington-as-youve-never-known.html

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watching it now. Love the old cars and guns used in the movie. I have a weakness for the old Remington Model 8s and 81s

Look for Winchester Model 1907 rifles. They were widely used by both gangsters and law enforcement. They were the FIRST semi-auto, magazine fed "assault" rifle. Very high-tech for the time. Chambered in .351 Winchester, they were used by law enforcement and corrections officers into the early 60s. Really a neat weapon that is VERY under appreciated.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not watching a show that glamorizes a couple of psychos that killed innocent people out of greed and the desire to be famous. working and building a life was not good enough for them.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look for Winchester Model 1907 rifles. They were widely used by both gangsters and law enforcement. They were the FIRST semi-auto, magazine fed "assault" rifle. Very high-tech for the time. Chambered in .351 Winchester, they were used by law enforcement and corrections officers into the early 60s. Really a neat weapon that is VERY under appreciated.

And then some,

The Model 1907 was even used in World War I; early in 1915 the British and French used the Model 1907 to arm aircraft. After machineguns became standard on airplanes, at least some Model 1907s made it to the trenches. Less well known is the Imperial Russian use of the Model 1907 and it big brother the Winchester Model 1910. Both rifles were also used to a small extent in the Second World War. In the U.S. Army, a few Model 1907s were issued to arm aircraft used in the pursuit of Poncho Villa in Mexico during 1916.

Texas gunsmith Hyman S. Lehman modified the Model 1907 into what we would now call a “Close Quarters Battle” (CQB) weapon in the early 1930s. Unfortunately his customers were the Dillinger gang, Pretty Boy Floyd, and Baby Face Nelson among others. The Model 1907 has some proto assault rifle features, namely an intermediate power cartridge, detachable magazine, and semi automatic (sometimes converted to full automatic) operation. In addition the rifle is easily separated into upper and lower receiver groups, like a modern AR-15 rifle.

http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/2012/03/forgotten-winchester-model-1907.html

2.bp.blogspot.com__XCPpo0yDiTU_T1lCdkh0crI_AAAAAAAAAgU_w5djgTBihiw_s1600_1907_LEB.jpg

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not watching a show that glamorizes a couple of psychos that killed innocent people out of greed and the desire to be famous. working and building a life was not good enough for them.

But they were a "purer" evil than what we have today. I'd rather society deal with these types, than what we have today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom